Can't extract 02_SONAR_X1_Producer.part2.rar [SOLVED]

Bill Phillips

Question

I need some help in installing SONAR X1.

I have three SONAR X1 initial install files shown here inside the squiggly blue line. I installed .part1 but .part2 is a rar file. I tried unzipping it using 7zip, WinZip and RAR Opener. All had errors in extracting Setup-6.bin, and there doesn't appear to be .exe file to launch.

This may have been installed by .part1 but I can't tell since I don't know what's in it. It doesn't appear to be addressed in the ReadMe doc. The Additional_Content installer does launch, but I closed it because the installer states that Dimension Pro 1.5 needs to be installed first. I have that as a separate installer.

Edited by Bill Phillips

2 answers to this question

IIRC 01_READ_FIRST_SONAR_X1.exe  contains install instructions

02_SONAR_X1_Producer is a two-part installer.

As with any multipart installer, only the first part (the exe file) is run. The rest of the parts are run by the install process itself.

03 Beatscape content w/o the plug-in was reorganized and repackages as loops and one shots in X2. Install both to waste 5GB of disk,

I did not bother performing a full install of X1, too old, too many updates (including Producer Expanded).

In fact, I would not bother with full installs of anything prior to X3.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scook said:

IIRC 01_READ_FIRST_SONAR_X1.exe  contains install instructions

02_SONAR_X1_Producer is a two-part installer.

As with any multipart installer, only the first part (the exe file) is run. The rest of the parts are run by the install process itself.

03 Beatscape content w/o the plug-in was reorganized and repackages as loops and one shots in X2. Install both to waste 5GB of disk,

I did not bother performing a full install of X1, too old, too many updates (including Producer Expanded).

In fact, I would not bother with full installs of anything prior to X3.

Thanks for the clarification. IIRC, It's been more than a decade since I last installed any of these older version.  I don't think 01_READ_FIRST does contain install instructions. I read through them several times and didn't see that.

I  hadn't downloaded Parts 3&4.

Starting with SONAR 8, I've been using advanced install, but I've been installing all 64-bit plugins with the idea that they will get updated as I go. Also, I'm having so much fun doing this that I don't want to do it again.

Thank again.