Cherry Audio - Elka-X (best price)

Niky Serrano

It’s a little bit more expensive on AudioDeluxe (you get an extra 10% off at checkout) and you get the Klevgrand thing free. 
$25.98 plus you get $1.28 Deluxe Bucks back on top of that. 

Edited by MrFigg
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

It’s a little bit more expensive on AudioDeluxe (you get an extra 10% off at checkout) and you get the Klevgrand thing free. 
$25.98 plus you get $1.28 Deluxe Bucks back on top of that. 

Great deal too

Thanks for sharing

I add the link and the code:

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/virtual-instruments/cherry-audio-elka-x-synthesizer

AUG2023

Edited by Niky Serrano

26 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

Great deal too

Thanks for sharing

I add the link and the code:

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/virtual-instruments/cherry-audio-elka-x-synthesizer

AUG2023

I trialed it a while back and didn't buy it. Can't remember anything about it. The videos make it sound like "just another synth". I like the old Elka organs. Is this "just another synth"?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

I trialed it a while back and didn't buy it. Can't remember anything about it. The videos make it sound like "just another synth". I like the old Elka organs. Is this "just another synth"?

You added an important point here that is a little bit out of topic, but I am agree
Are the demos we hear or see in the marketing videos made exclusively with the synthesizer they are selling us?

Sometimes yes, but mostly no

5 hours ago, jngnz said:

It sounds pretty bland. Mercury-6 and GX-80 are their only decent synths.

I don't have those but IMO Dreamsynth and Eight Voice sound decent too. Regarding Elka-X I'd choose the Xils alternatives Synthix and even miniSyn'X (I had problems with this last one but probably caused by my old Creamware soundcard driver. Now I use RME cards and it works fine). These are more expensive but I've seen miniSyn'X on sale for a similar low price some times.

I'll get Elka-X to get a better price on the next synth stack, due near the end of year (probably).

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 1