How To Seggregate Plugins Using .pgl file?

Hi all,

I'm really upset as I lost all the setting-up that I had done in order to classify and organise my plugins a particular way. I had done it years ago and now I simply cant remember how I did it back in the day.

Let me show you what i am referring to:

I open cakewalk> utilities> plugin manager

Then I click new (see circled part of screenshot below). When I save the new pgl file, and go back to Insert audio FX, the new layout is just not there despite saving. (screenshot below)

If anyone can, PLEASE, PLEASE help me! I lost all my hard work of separating these plugs because I clicked the 'X' by mistake.

Screenshot (300)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (301).png

If you select Insert Audio FX > Plug-in Layouts, a third menu pops up where you should be able to see a couple of options, including all your own plug-in menu layouts. Just select the one you recently saved.

By the looks of it, you have the default option Sort by Category currently selected.

46 minutes ago, Arabic Dude said:

Hi all,

I'm really upset as I lost all the setting-up that I had done in order to classify and organise my plugins a particular way. I had done it years ago and now I simply cant remember how I did it back in the day.

Let me show you what i am referring to:

I open cakewalk> utilities> plugin manager

Then I click new (see circled part of screenshot below). When I save the new pgl file, and go back to Insert audio FX, the new layout is just not there despite saving. (screenshot below)

If anyone can, PLEASE, PLEASE help me! I lost all my hard work of separating these plugs because I clicked the 'X' by mistake.

Screenshot (300)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (301).png

Semttulo.png.63c0091c512397e6632b3f7fb9b83a51.png

image.png.00b7df9960ac860bd56ee86130c586f0.png

image.png.b15a504ebf2ab0600361024af47ceeca.png

• Like 2

On 7/28/2023 at 12:44 PM, Canopus said:

If you select Insert Audio FX > Plug-in Layouts, a third menu pops up where you should be able to see a couple of options, including all your own plug-in menu layouts. Just select the one you recently saved.

By the looks of it, you have the default option Sort by Category currently selected.

Thanks for answering!

The problem actually was that even though I created a new PGL file by creating 'manage layouts' I could not see my newly created PGL file (screenshots below).

However, after hours of tinkering around, I figured that the solution is to just start editing the default 'sort by category' layout that you see after clicking 'manage layouts' and saving that as a new PGL, (instead of creating a new one altogether). That actually helped me see the new Layout I created.

So, to anyone having the same problem, there's your solution! :)

Screenshot (302).png

Screenshot (303).png

Edited by Arabic Dude
  • Like 1