Neutone FREE AI Plugin

satya

I listened to all the models and watched the developer's vimeo in addition to the third-party YouTuber video (posted above).  I was not impressed enough to want to play around with it yet, but if anyone here comes up with some practical uses that sound good, I'd be interested. 

BTW, I found the Vimeo was rather rushed (as in too fast--would have been easier to follow with a list of steps in text).

Also, for experimentalists interested in neutone, there's this and a discord channel

UPDATE:  MBAM didn't find an issue with the current 1.4 installer.

Excerpts from the license agreement:

3.3 Without our prior written consent, you shall not:
3.3.1 modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile based on Neutone, including any files, tables or documentation (or any portion thereof) or determine or attempt to determine any source code, algorithms, methods or techniques embodied in Neutone except to the extent this restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law;
3.3.2 create derivative works based upon Neutone, or permit third parties to do so;
3.3.3 distribute, transfer, or sell, in whole or in part, Neutone or any derivative works thereof;
3.3.4 loan, rent, lease Neutone, or use Neutone as a service bureau, as an application service provider, to perform consulting or training services for a third party or in any commercial time share arrangement; or
3.3.5 interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of Neutone, or bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to Neutone.

3.5 As a condition of your access to and use of Neutone, you agree not to infringe intellectual property rights of any person while using Neutone. For example, you agree not to upload any content that is the intellectual property of someone else to Neutone.

3.6 We shall have a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, irrevocable, perpetual license to use or incorporate into Neutone any suggestions, ideas, enhancement requests, feedback, recommendations or other information provided by you relating to the features, functionality or operation of Neutone.

7. Indemnity
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us from any and all claims, liabilities, costs, damages, losses and expenses (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees and expenses) arising out of or in connection with any breach by you of this Agreement, including but not limited to a breach of your obligations, representation and warranties.

I am not a lawyer, but I occasionally watch videos of lawyers.  I recently saw a video done by a U.S. lawyer that addressed the implications of Indemnity clauses.  From a lay person's understanding, it seems to me that if someone who signed the license agreement violates section 3.5 and neutone is sued on the basis of a violation, that person might be on the hook for neutone's legal expenses.

I am not a lawyer; I defer to others who know more about this kind of stuff. Just wanted to recommend (1) taking the time to read the license agreement and (2) taking the time to understand possible implications of using the software.

10.1 Governing Law: This Agreement and any dispute or claim (including non- contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with their subject matter, are governed by the laws of Japan. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods as well as any other similar law, regulation or statute in effect in any other jurisdiction shall not apply.

10.2 Dispute Resolution: Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach, termination or validity thereof shall be finally settled by arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of Japan. The language of the arbitration shall be Japanese.

I'd be interested in any insights from  Cakewalk users familiar with music, copyright, and AI with knowledge of Japanese legal issues relevant to the use of AI-based modelling software.   

My take away: the software might be fun to play around with on a purely experimental basis, but I am not sure I would share any results I came up with.

PS: From what I can see, Section 8 (Termination of the agreement) is written in terms of neutone's interests, not users.  From what I can see, there is no provision for users to voluntarily terminate the license except perhaps by failing to comply with the terms of the agreement (in which case termination is automatic). 

Edited by User 905133
  • Thanks 1