How to Use Plugins in Cakewalk

I am a total newbie. I have installed Cakewalk and imported a soundtrack. I have RX10 Elements installed.  I can see them  in the Cakewalk plugin Manager.

My question is how can I launch and apply this effect to the soundtrack?

Your advice would be appreciated

Kind regards

Chris

Plugins.jpg

Edited by Chris Nicola

Cakewalk. "Cakewalk" is the audio software brand. "Catwalk" is where the guy in Right Said Fred did his turn back in the 90's.

From the documentation:

You can add both MIDI and audio effects directly from the Track view. Cakewalk adds these effects in real-time, preserving your track’s original data.

To add an audio effect in the Track pane

Do one of the following:

In an audio track, right-click in the FX Rack and choose a plug-in from the pop-up menu.

Click the Insert Plug-in button at the top of the FX Rack and choose a plug-in from the pop-up menu. Use the FX Rack to add real-time effects

You can also drag plug-ins from the Browser (B) to an FX Rack.

To replace an effect with a different effect, right-click an effect and select Replace Audio FX, then select the desired effect.

From YouTube:

A great place to start for using Cakewalk in general is @JohnnyV's set of video tutorials.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Nicola said:

How to Use Plugins in Catwalk

I am a total newbie. I have installed Catwalk and imported a soundtrack.

I will assume you mean Cakewalk.

I will also assume you have put an audio recording of a commercial soundtrack onto an audio track within a Cakewalk project.

There are several ways to put FX Plug-in onto a track.  If it were me, I would just either (1) drag a plug-in from the Browser and put it onto the track's FX bin or (2) right-click on the track's FX bin and choose "Insert Audio FX."

There are other ways, too.  

If you have trouble reading the Cakewalk Reference Guide and Online Documentation, there are video tutorials that should help familiarize you with the terminology and methods used in DAWs such as Cakewalk.

BTW, welcome.

Oops! Yes I meant Cakewalk! ( I have corrected the typo)

Thank you both for your replies.

I will check out the video and follow through with your suggestions.

By right clicking the imported track /Insert Effects/Audio Effects/I can choose RX10 Repair Assistant. Then RX launches just fine!

Thank you again for all your help!

Kind regards

Chris 1453280818_AudioEffects.thumb.jpg.a579001a3c0bf5916874bb46c5f2218c.jpg

Edited by Chris Nicola
  • Like 2

The Browser panel to the right of the track view also has a "Plugins" tab at the top. In that picture it is set to "Media," but it is often quicker to drag/drop from the browser (default hotkey B will open/close the browser to give you more viewing space) than to use menus.