Snap to Grid / Nudge problem...

I have an outrageously long (2000+ measures), 100 BPM 4/4 project.  I'd like to be able to instantly (via a single click or a single keyboard shortcut) make a MIDI clip move by exactly 100 measures AND "Replace Old with New" if the clip lands on top of another clip.  My first thought was to set Nudge parameters to an Absolute Time of 240000 ms (had to work out the math).  And that works perfectly, in terms of placement, but it won't "Replace Old with New" when it overlaps another clip.  (Nudge apparently acts differently from dragging - in that it doesn't obey paste preferences.)

So then I thought I'd try using Snap to Grid, setting it to the equivalent Absolute Time value (except in seconds - 240), so I could get both the benefit of "Replace Old with New" (since I'll now be dragging) AND the quickness of Nudge (since it will now just jump 100 measures instantly when I drag it).  Problem is, Snap to Grid isn't obeying anything I enter into the Seconds field.  Nor the Ticks field, etc.  So when I drag the clip, all it does is smoothly glide along, as if Snap to Grid weren't even on.  The only things my Snap to Grid seems to obey are the "musical" choices (whole note, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, etc.).  No joy with any of the non-musical options.

So, does anyone here use "Seconds" or "Ticks" or "Frames", etc. with Snap to Grid?  Does it work for you?  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks for any help.

- Bob K.

(Edited for clarity.)

Edited by ROBERT KREMER JR

Just discovered, when you drag with such a large time setting, it doesn't just immediately "jump" to the place you want it to go.  It'll glide along as if Snap to Grid isn't on, until you get within range of the target spot, then it'll jump.  Problem is, it's jumping to a spot not exactly 240 seconds from where it was.  With Nudge (which wants milliseconds), 240000 ms put the clip exactly where I wanted it to go.  But with Snap to Grid (which wants seconds), 240 seconds places it in excess of a measure away from where it should be.  Weird.  I'm zoomed out really far (to be able to drag across 200 - 300 bars).  Maybe that's the problem?  I'll keep experimenting...

Edited by ROBERT KREMER JR
typo