Steam games Summer Sale through July 13, 2023

Starship Krupa

https://store.steampowered.com/

Some really deep discounts on great games.

@cclarry, I know you really liked The Talos Principle, and if you haven't played the Talos Principle DLC Road to Gehenna, I highly recommend it. If you're interested in similar games, ask and I can recommend several. Anything on the list below that says "Portal-ish" will satisfy fans of Portal or any other game so described. They're all kinda similar in a good way.

I like indie games; open worlds, great art, world-building, (challenging but non-miserable) puzzles, exploration, fallen civilizations, detective and storytelling walking simulators.

Game deals that I've either demo'd or played and personally recommend:

• Portal and Portal 2 bundle: $1.48 (the originator of the action/exploration/puzzle/platform style that so many others like Talos Principle, Superliminal, Turing Test
  • Outer Wilds $14.99: (open world space exploration adventure. Not perfect, but those who love it really love it)
  • Sable $9.99: (open world exploration adventure/platform in art style of Moebius, currently playing it and loving it)
  • The Talos Principle $4.49: (Portal-ish platform/puzzle/adventure)
  • The Talos Principle Road To Gehenna DLC: $2.99
  • The Turing Test $9.99: (Portal-ish platform/puzzle/adventure)
  • Lightmatter $6.99: (Portal-ish platform/puzzle/adventure where the player arranges light sources and reflectors to make paths)
  • Firewatch $4.99: (walking sim/storyteller/open world, player is manning a fire watch tower in a national park performing tasks and running into mysteries)
  • Quern: Undying Thoughts $7.49: (great MYSTish puzzle/adventure, seldom goes on sale)
  • Obduction $8.99 (Cyan's spiritual successor to MYST, from 2018. If there are any Cyan games you've....um, missed, their back catalog is all in this sale for peanuts)
  • Superliminal $9.99 (Portal-ish puzzle/adventure that depends on adjusting objects for size depending on POV)
  • FAR Universe Bundle, includes Lone Sails and Changing Tides $9.99 (side-scrolling platform puzzle with a land and sea-going vessel, good world-building)
  • LIMBO+INSIDE Bundle $2.68 (side-scrolling puzzle platformers with very dark humor, you play zombie boys who need to avoid all manner of gruesome trials)
  • ReThink $0.99 (Portal-ish first person puzzle/exploration using lasers and reflectors)
  • Journey $7.49 (exploration of lost civilization, player has limited flight ability, interesting online multiplayer feature, you might be joined by another player with whom you can't verbally communicate. I play it when I'm feeling down and it seldom fails to lift my spirits)
  • Abzu $6.99 (Journey underwater from the same designer)
  • Flower $1.88 (you fly around at ground level restoring color and light to a fallen civilization)
  • The Entropy Centre $12.49 (Portal-ish puzzle/platform)
  • Zof $10.04: (MYSTish puzzler, if you like challenging puzzles, this is the one for you)

All of these ran like bats out of hell on my system with its passively-cooled GT 1030. I'd say that if you have a GTX 550Ti or better, most or all of them will fly. I play with a PS4 Dualshock 4 controller these days, but they can all be mouse/keyboarded.

Some that I want to check out are The House of DaVinci, Copoka, Planet of Lana, Hyperbolica, Return of the Obra Dinn, Kentucky: Route Zero and Red Dead Redemption 2 ($19.79, considered one of the best games of all time).

PS: remember that MYST Online: Uru Live is an updated free-to-play version of The Uru Chronicles with an optional online multiplayer element and user created ages, some of which are excellent. I drop in there from time to time (handle: Superabbit, neighborhood: Musicians Guild).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5