Content Creator Bundle with Vegas Pro

Jason Neudorf

I'm surprised about convology XT complete. The original Pro X5 did come with it, along with Melodyne Essentials. And sound forge 15 came with ozone 9 elements--see the 4th picture). 

Given that there are archives available with what was included in Pro X5 originally, I think MAGIX might be on shaky grounds by failing to provide them now, given that they did not upgrade the details in their advertisements.

(see https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SampPX5--magix-samplitude-pro-x5-windows-only )

48 minutes ago, Jason Neudorf said:

I'm surprised about convology XT complete. The original Pro X5 did come with it, along with Melodyne Essentials. And sound forge 15 came with ozone 9 elements--see the 4th picture). 

Given that there are archives available with what was included in Pro X5 originally, I think MAGIX might be on shaky grounds by failing to provide them now, given that they did not upgrade the details in their advertisements.

(see https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SampPX5--magix-samplitude-pro-x5-windows-only )

The Fanatical listing doesn't state that any of those extras are included so I suspect they are on solid ground.
When you look how cheap the bundle is, I think it's unrealistic to expect that all the extras will be included and especially the third party ones.

On 7/10/2023 at 1:55 PM, kitekrazy said:

That Vita stuff eats up space and is about as useful as the Halion SE sounds - value = none.

There can be some sounds that are less run-of-the mill in the Vita stuff which can be of use.  The Tiny Percussion, for example. I actually think some people would be pleasantly surprised with the quality of them, considering they're bundled acoustic sampled instruments.  The big issue I have with Vita Solo is that in the Suite SKU it overlaps heavily with Independence Pro Premium (you get the full library with Pro X Suite).  That being said, they only take up like 8GB in Pro X Suite, and you can install the Sample Content to a secondary SSD.  So, it doesn't really hurt to install them.  They load instantly and are useful for sketching ideas.  Faster than loading patches in any sampler, and very friendly to low-resource machines like Laptops with RAM limitations (8-16GB RAM).

The Drum Kits are less useful because they don't have multi-outs, but you can literally just duplicate the track and use each instrument track for a different piece of the kit.  They use very little resources.

Convology XT Complete uses its own serial number and I'm pretty sure it came with the Suite Version.  Without a Serial, you won't be able to use the vast majority of the content in the Complete Version (there is a free version with some stuff, similar to Independence Free or SampleTank CS) and will waste like 4+GB storage on your machine.

coreFX Suite will run in Samplitude Pro X as they are designed to run without a license in applicable MAGIX products.  They will require one for use in a third party product, but you shouldn't relaly need them in any other DAW as they are basically just stock FX that they distribute on their own instead of integrating them into the package like Essential FX Suite, etc.

I kinda prefer them to be integrated because I don't like the clutter, and having to hide them in other software (where I would never use them).

Edited by iNate

2 minutes ago, iNate said:

There can be some sounds that are less run-of-the mill in the Vita stuff which can be of use.  

Convology XT uses its own serial number and I'm pretty sure it came with the Suite Version.  without a Serial, you won't be able to use the vast majority of the content in the Complete Version (there is a free version with some stuff, similar to Independence Free or SampleTank CS).

People only do that to justify their purchase.  All more expensive DAWs have this stuff for beginners to create music out of the box.  

21 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

People only do that to justify their purchase.  All more expensive DAWs have this stuff for beginners to create music out of the box.  

You don't need any justification for a $20-25 Humble Bundle deal.

Samplitude Pro X is a more expensive DAW, and that is why it has "this stuff."  The fact that you can get a 3-versions old copy on Humble Bundle for almost nothing does not make it a $25 product.  If the stuff in "expensive DAWs" is good enough, I'm not sure what the problem with this stuff is 😛 

Beyond that, the idea that stock content isn't good enough simply because it's stock content has been long-debunked and it's about time some people move on from that.  No one is using a Vita Solo Cello expecting it to sound like Spitfire Solo Strings.  It sounds "good enough" for what it is [intended to be] and for sketching it will use 1/10th the CPU and RAM on a low spec machine as a high end sample library - while using practically no storage.

All 40+ Vita Solo instruments in Pro X7 Suite only have around an 8GB Sample Library payload, and maybe 1GB in DLLs.  The Samples can be offloaded to another drive (set while installing Samplitude Pro X), so SSD space is hardly something to be worried about when we can buy 2TB NVMe SSDs for $70-100.

Some of it is going to be more good than not.  That goes for any sound content - bundled or not.  How many here speak about how much stuff they never use in Komplete, despite its price tag?

Edited by iNate

6 minutes ago, iNate said:

You don't need any justification for a $20-25 Humble Bundle deal.

Samplitude Pro X is a more expensive DAW.  This deal is just something MAGIX does to onboard users by offering out-of-support/development versions at a huge descount, and those that like it can upgrade as far lower than MSRP prices to the latest version.  They do it for pretty much all of their software.  It makes them accessible - economically speaking.

The Vita Solo sounds are better than the workstation sounds in the HALion Sonic SE 3 Content Set where there is overlap.  If we were talking about HALion 6/7, I'd kind of agree.  The Acoustic Pianos, Strings, etc. there are going to outcompete Vita Solo - however, that is a completely different product/content set.  However, there is also a 20GB Independence Pro Library in Pro X (Standard), so the Vita Solo is basically supplementary.

Again, there are Vita Solo instruments that provide things that simply do not exist in the HALion Sonic SE 3 Content Set, and where there is overlap... the Vita Solo instruments are almost always superior.

Those Halion sounds were probably ripped from soundfonts.

I've got all of those Vita sounds with Acid Pro,  got Independence Pro.  At some point you realize you have so much other stuff that is better you don't need to waste more disk space.  If I recall those Vita sounds can't be put on another drive.

I'm moving on from since I bought it I'll install it.  Price has nothing to do with it. It's about allocating resources and the choices become overwhelming.

5 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Those Halion sounds were probably ripped from soundfonts.

The HALion Sounds come from Yamaha Workstation Keyboards.

I've got all of those Vita sounds with Acid Pro,  got Independence Pro.  At some point you realize you have so much other stuff that is better you don't need to waste more disk space.

Again.  No one is expecting Vita Solo to sound like Spitfire or Orchestral Tools.  They are used because the workflow for using them in that DAW is fast and they sound good enough for sketching.  Many composers and producers use sketching and ensemble libraries when producing or composing and then replace them with better/heavier instruments later on.  It's a pretty common workflow.

Like I said, the 40+ Vita Solo instruments + DLLs in Pro X7 Suite use < 10GB of storage, and...

If I recall those Vita sounds can't be put on another drive.

These can be installed to another drive.  You set the content directory when installing Samplitude Pro X (or whatever other MAGIX Product you're using) and then the sample content go to there.  It's in the installer (the \MAGIX\Common directory)...

I'm moving on from since I bought it I'll install it.  Price has nothing to do with it. It's about allocating resources and the choices become overwhelming.

You critiqued the usefulness of the stock content while juxtaposing it with that of other products, using expense as a qualifier.  I was merely responding to that.

Samplitude Pro X is a $399 DAW, and Pro X Suite is a $599 DAW.  Its price is comparable to that of Cubase Artist and Cubase Pro.

Yes, choice becomes overwhelming.  But, none of that matters as these are generally used for sketching and then replaced with better libraries later on.  Like I said, this is a common industry practice.  That is how I'd position them, except in cases where there is something that is so rare in other sample libraries that you may not have any choice but the Vita Solo instrument.

Frankly, most of the Vita Solo instruments aren't really much worse (if at all) than comparable stuff in the SampleTank 4 Content, which people here seem to go Gaga over.

Edited by iNate

On 7/11/2023 at 9:20 PM, kitekrazy said:

Wow I don't think I've ever come across an exposition over something like this,

Lol. 

Debating and then shrugging off a response passive aggressively when you get something explained to you. Cheeky. 

I did expect that, though, unfortunately. 

At least you learned how to install the samples to another drive, assuming you can read (given you didn't seem to understand the installer dialog, that's up in the air).

Edited by iNate
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, iNate said:

Lol. 

Debating and then shrugging off a response passive aggressively when you get something explained to you. Cheeky. 

I did expect that, though, unfortunately. 

At least you learned how to install the samples to another drive, assuming you can read (given you didn't seem to understand the installer dialog, that's up in the air).

Dude it's only software. 

Edited by kitekrazy