Project won't load from start screen

Now it's not even opening from the menu, so far it just seems to be one project. I did open in safe mode and it gives me the option to delete vsts but I have no idea if that is the problem or which one is causing the problem. Also when I opened it all of the FX bins are empty. Do I have to start all over again with my vsts? how do I know what is causing the problem? Thank you, please help!

Edited by charles kasler
Update

You are on the right track though. Probably is a plugin load issue, if it starts in safe mode. -It's up to you to troubleshoot from there.  -One thing I usually do, is make sure you have a backup of the original, then copy the project and work on that copy -such as trying the option to delete vsts. I would also make notes on which plugins you delete, and add them back slowly, -that type of thing, until you find what crashes the project.  -Also, keep the notes for reference in case you need to change any other Cakewalk settings and projects to avoid the issue again. -It's trial & error, but if you can find the bad element & remove it from Cakewalk, you can also usually open the original backed up project, replace the plugin with something else - for instance.  -Lots of choices, but at least you can still open the project in safe mode - keep at it!

• Like 2