ASIO driver (Behringer) not recognized (HELP!)-[SOLVED]

UPS!

now I need some help here!

I modified the AUD.INI file and made a mistake.

I had to reconfigure the audio settings and now CW does not recognize my Behringer UMC404HD card, which was working just fine.

I unistalled/reinstalled various Behringer driver versions, including the latest (5.57.0) and version 5.51.0 to no avail. Each time I select ASIO, it seems that the driver is recognized as a generic asio driver, and ask me to switch to WASAPI mode.

I reinstalled CW (regular install).

Something is wrong. Before this, ASIO was working just fine.

I'd appreciate suggestions! My system is broken!

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Andres Medina
  • Like 1

The "Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver" is an optional driver installed by Steinberg products and like ASIO4ALL should NOT be installed if a factory ASIO driver is available. Either uninstall the generic driver or at least remove its entry from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO

• Like 2

I solved it. For other users that may need this, I found this told topic that referred to deleting old drivers, using the REGEDIT.

It seems that some old registry sneaked in everytime CW tried to configure ASIO.

And here are the steps to edit the registry:

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206633450-How-to-delete-old-ASIO-device-entries

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scook said:

The "Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver" is an option driver installed by Steinberg products and like ASIO4ALL should NOT be installed if a factory ASIO driver is available. Either uninstall the driver or at least remove its entry from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO

Thanks Scook!  I just found it. When I searched for other ASIO drivers, it didn't show up. I guess it's hidden somewhere!

Uff!

• 6 months later...

Thank you! I had the same problem after trying to make a change in the devices section so that I could playback mixes without having my UMC404HD connected. Made the mistake of choosing ASIO and CW seemed 'stuck' on this, even after a complete uninstall/reinstall. It just would not find the Behringer driver. Thankfully, your advice was perfect and the fix was super easy, so THANK YOU! 

• Like 1