How do I fix Cakewalk not opening at startup?

SirDumpling

Question

Just to be clear, I'm not a huge expert on computers, so most of the computing terms (especially stuff about drivers and all) would be hard for me to understand. So I would appreciate if you guys could briefly explain me these words when using them. Thanks :)

So I installed Cakewalk yesterday because I started getting interested in music prod.  I followed this tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmmjnqVcL3o&list=PLWrEj8vjQQuuWOFepN-6PiD59thD7lD64&index=1&ab_channel=AdKStudios.
When I got to the part where he explains the "Get started" window, I noticed my driver mode was already filled in as ASIO. I changed it to WASAPI Shared as shown in the video, not really knowing what it was. I stuck with it, but when I started to play around with VSTs and all, I couldn't hear ANY sounds at all coming from Cakewalk.

I tried changing the volume, but it just wouldn't work. I suddenly remembered the ASIO thing and wondered if changing it to WASAPI was the problem. So I went into preferences and changed it to ASIO, and then it crashed. When I tried to reopen Cakewalk, it was just stuck in the "loading screen" forever and I had to forcefully close the program rather than waiting (I waited for more than an hour). I tried to reinstall Cakewalk, but it still wouldnt load. I tried a bunch of stuff coming from forums that I researched and all but the problem persisted.

I don't know what to do now, I don't even know what the problem was in the first place... I just need some help if possible. I will gladly answer any questions as best as I can.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, SirDumpling said:

Just to be clear, I'm not a huge expert on computers, so most of the computing terms (especially stuff about drivers and all) would be hard for me to understand. So I would appreciate if you guys could briefly explain me these words when using them. Thanks :)

So I installed Cakewalk yesterday because I started getting interested in music prod.  I followed this tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmmjnqVcL3o&list=PLWrEj8vjQQuuWOFepN-6PiD59thD7lD64&index=1&ab_channel=AdKStudios.
When I got to the part where he explains the "Get started" window, I noticed my driver mode was already filled in as ASIO. I changed it to WASAPI Shared as shown in the video, not really knowing what it was. I stuck with it, but when I started to play around with VSTs and all, I couldn't hear ANY sounds at all coming from Cakewalk.

I tried changing the volume, but it just wouldn't work. I suddenly remembered the ASIO thing and wondered if changing it to WASAPI was the problem. So I went into preferences and changed it to ASIO, and then it crashed. When I tried to reopen Cakewalk, it was just stuck in the "loading screen" forever and I had to forcefully close the program rather than waiting (I waited for more than an hour). I tried to reinstall Cakewalk, but it still wouldnt load. I tried a bunch of stuff coming from forums that I researched and all but the problem persisted.

I don't know what to do now, I don't even know what the problem was in the first place... I just need some help if possible. I will gladly answer any questions as best as I can.

Thanks.

Ctrl+Alt then hit Del. Close all instances of cakewalk uou see between all those files in that windows.