Sonar 8.5 Producer: Is it possible to remove fades from audio?

Annabelle

I know it's possible to create fades in Sonar 8.5 producer edition, but if you have audio that has a fade on it, is it possible to remove that fade to make the audio loopable? How would I be able to do this without being able to see?

It would depend if the clip that contains the fade has been rendered. If the original audio was " bounced to Clip "  or" bounced to track" - then is has been rendered.  - but, that audio clip that is referenced to the project might not be the only clip that contains the original audio. There may be other hidden and unused clips in the audio folder that retain a copy the un- faded audio. You could "explore" the audio folder and listen to playback of the various files and see if there are versions prior to the file save of the faded version.  If you find one  - cool - drag it to a new track and have fun editing.

For pre recorded clips that fade out the easy way would be to first turn up the gain to max and then turn down the fader to get it so it is not in danger of clipping. 

Now simply automate the track and push the fader back up during the fade out trying to match the slope  in reverse. 

Edit the automation so that there is no noticeable difference in level. Now bounce this to a new track.  

Im not sure how you can deal with clipping if the meter is small? Do you use a third party meter?  The Gain only adds 18 d b . If that was not enough you might have to do this twice. 

Edited by John Vere

Ramping up volume is similar to turning up a stereo as a songs fades. At a certain point the noise floor is your enemy and becomes audible, then overwhelming. Without seeing the clip specifically, that is worth a try. I have never owned 8.5 but realize why you still use it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mettelus said:

Ramping up volume is similar to turning up a stereo as a songs fades. At a certain point the noise floor is your enemy and becomes audible, then overwhelming. Without seeing the clip specifically, that is worth a try. I have never owned 8.5 but realize why you still use it.

I wonder if an .ogg file can be posted in the forum. That's the file I want to customize.

Files cannot be directly attached to forum posts. The file would need to be uploaded to a hosting site (One Drive, Google Drive, etc.) and then the link can be posted here if you want to share it. Unfortunately, some of the software best suited for what you want do does not have visual assistance, but there are a lot of folks in this forum that have them and can help you out.

Just an aside if you want to post a link, if you can specify what section you want (bar, 2 bars, etc) it will help us out if it is not obvious. Also, if you do not want to post it publicly (forum posts are permanent record), you can send me the link in a PM.

• Like 2