Some old piano recordings

jwnicholson78

I was digging through old hard drives this past weekend and found some recordings I did around 13 years ago or so, around the time my first son was born.  The old piano VST that I used at that time was pretty tinny, so I spruced them up with Native Instruments The Grandeur.  These two were probably the hardest songs I ever attempted.  Carolina Shout especially was beast.  I'm pretty sure I couldn't pull it off half as well any more.  I hope you enjoy, and any feedback is always appreciated.

Edit to add that Pop's Dilemma was written by James Booker, and Carolina Shout by James Johnson.

Jeff

Edited by jwnicholson78
  • Like 2

Jeff,

Awesome playing.   Enjoyed both of the songs, especially Pop's Dilemma.   Mix-wise the left hand is a little overpowering at times so I might roll-off a little low-end there to keep the parts in balance but super fun songs.   Good work.

Regards

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 5:36 PM, markno999 said:

Jeff,

Awesome playing.   Enjoyed both of the songs, especially Pop's Dilemma.   Mix-wise the left hand is a little overpowering at times so I might roll-off a little low-end there to keep the parts in balance but super fun songs.   Good work.

Regards

Thanks!  I did almost nothing mix-wise, opting for the raw sound from the Grandeur with minimal processing.  I must admit, I do love to pound on the bass keys with my left hand when playing these.

On 5/15/2023 at 9:52 PM, FreeEarCandy said:

Were you born with some extra fingers? This a very very very good! Loved them both but favor Pop's Dilemma. 

Thanks!  I agree, Pop's Dilemma is my  favorite as well. Carolina Shout is fun, but Pop's Dilemma is a far better tune, in my opinion.

• Like 1