CAN'T LOG IN localhost error

chris.r

Thanks, I did. Reinstalling cakewalk, reinstalling all browsers, reinstalling windows... no thanks ;) 

I'm logged in again now. You have to try many times, or wait some time and try again, idk.

For me it was a short breeze of uncertainty, again. Subscription is probably the worst authorization method out there.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

I must be doing something wrong - it always works ok for me 😜😜😜

I was like that until it hit me, I think it may start to pain only after you've been hit.

We've been praising Bandlab on many occasions for giving us free access to our beloved Cakewalk DAW. Nonetheless once it stops working it stops working and you can't save, hence subscription. Here's hope it won't happen anytime soon.

57 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I was like that until it hit me, I think it may start to pain only after you've been hit.

I was contemplating on how a frisbee gets bigger as it gets closer. Then it hit me.

- Steven Wright

As far as the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error, this is a local network problem. There are many potential reasons for it, so this is generic advice. Next time it happens try disabling your firewall. If that doesn't help, try flushing your DNS cache. I know, that second one sounds pretty nerdy. But it's quite easy to do.

Open a DOS window as Administrator, then type in

ipconfig /flushdns

and press ENTER. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

After encountering multiple failures while trying to activate the Cakewalk application, I decided to try launching it in Windows Sandbox. As it turns out, the problem was not with the developer or software, but with my default browser. I had been using Brave, but when I tested the application in the sandbox using Edge as the default browser, the activation process went smoothly. So I temporarily switched my default browser to Edge, then restarted the application. Voila! It worked perfectly. I hope this information is helpful to someone else who may be experiencing a similar issue. B|