Figuring out Clip BG Colors

johnegenes@gmail.com

Question

Hello,

Just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've set my track/clip colors, using both "Themes" and "Colors" in the Prefs. In Track View, the backgrounds are as I set them, all the way down into the 30s & 40s (track numbers). They follow the color templates fine. 

But when I insert new audio tracks to record onto, they all come up the same color, and no longer follow the color scheme. I've tried to troubleshoot this, and have looked in the "Colors" and "Theme" settings, and I have used the Theme Editor to try to find which setting I'm missing, but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks. 

--je

5 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, jegenes said:

Hello,

Just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've set my track/clip colors, using both "Themes" and "Colors" in the Prefs. In Track View, the backgrounds are as I set them, all the way down into the 30s & 40s (track numbers). They follow the color templates fine. 

But when I insert new audio tracks to record onto, they all come up the same color, and no longer follow the color scheme. I've tried to troubleshoot this, and have looked in the "Colors" and "Theme" settings, and I have used the Theme Editor to try to find which setting I'm missing, but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks. 

--je

I think AUDIO  track colors in track view gets its shade from two sources: Default Color or assigned bus. If your newly inserted track are routed to some predefined bus, and it's color is assigned to "Follow Bus", it will get it's color. Or if not, it will get its shade from your Default color.

To open the related menus, left click on the color of the track, then right click on the color selection area.

Check this thread related to colors: 

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Andres Medina

Andres: Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that. But I'm more concerned with the background color of the clips on the various tracks. As I said, I have them set to be alternate colors. In this picture, the 4 tracks at the bottom are ones I inserted ("Insert-Audio Track"), but the clips don't follow the color scheme. Just trying to figure out what I've missed. 

--john

Track Colors.jpg

10 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

Screenshot_1.png

Andres, thank you very much for bringing up my doubts in your reply as well.

This answer of yours gave me another doubt when I went to operate.

Why on some tracks the option that the color of the track follows the color of the BUS does not appear?

2 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

Andres, thank you very much for bringing up my doubts in your reply as well.

This answer of yours gave me another doubt when I went to operate.

Why on some tracks the option that the color of the track follows the color of the BUS does not appear?

Milton, I tried in my system and every audio track has the two options available. However the MIDI tracks don't. Double check your type of track? and make sure that you RIGHT click on the selection area. Left clicking does nothing! (weird)

Edited by Andres Medina
  • Like 1