COLORS OF TRACKS AND BUSES

Milton Sica

Question

Is there any way to change the colors of tracks and buses other than importing tracks according to a track template and then migrating everything (plugins, etc) to the new tracks with the colors I would like to have now.

It would be something like importing Theme Template. If, on import, the program recognizes a track with the same name as the imported model about changing its color/visualization characteristics.

5 answers to this question

Defaults are set in Theme Editor and Preferences > Customization > Colors.

Individual Track Foreground color are changed in Inspector > Tracks > Colors.

Individual clips are changed in Inspector > Clips > Properties.

Colored strips are changed by clicking the Color Bar at the very beginning of a track and Show Strip Colors in Preferences > Customization > Colors.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=CakewalkSonar&language=3&help=Playback.34.html

17 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Defaults are set in Theme Editor and Preferences > Customization > Colors.

Individual Track Foreground color are changed in Inspector > Tracks > Colors.

Individual clips are changed in Inspector > Clips > Properties.

Colored strips are changed by clicking the Color Bar at the very beginning of a track and Show Strip Colors in Preferences > Customization > Colors.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=CakewalkSonar&language=3&help=Playback.34.html

Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear.
I know that it is possible to modify several ways of visualization, using themes and its editor.

However what I asked is, if I can do some theme update in an existing project.

Something like:

1) In a project I have a track with the name GUITARRA.
2) Right click and there would be some options: a) import theme, b) import theme from current track, etc.....
3) The DAW would change the theme, according to the currently used theme model, replacing the visualization of the GUITARRA track with the existing one.

I don't know if I made myself explain. I hope so. Big hug from Brazil.

Themes are not bound to projects. Once you load a theme, it's there until you change it in Preferences.

I don't think there's a way to change certain elements of a theme with elements of another theme.  You would have to change it manually yourself as I described above or edit the theme and save it as a new one.

• Like 1

Just now, sjoens said:

Themes are not bound to projects. Once you load a theme, it's there until you change it in Preferences.

I don't think there's a way to change certain elements of a theme with elements of another theme.  You would have to change it manually yourself as I described above or edit the theme and save it as a new one.

Thanks. Yes, this is my doubt !