Z5TA+2 (Re)Activation (Offline)

Astraios

Hi and Hello

that's how I reactivated Z3TA+2 on my new maschine offline without "Command Center" -->

Here's how it works; the instructions on the Bandlab site are a little lacking in context, and the whole thing is different if you need to activate Z3ta+ 2 rather than Cakewalk itself.

Here's what you need to do:

1 - Open up Z3ta+ 2 (I used the standalone, not sure if you can do this from the VST itself).

2 - Click on Options at the top right of the window.

3 - Select Offline Activation > Export Activation Request.

4 - Save the file somewhere so you can find it in the next step.

5 - Install the Bandlab Assistant app from https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

6- Log in to the app (you'll have to create an account).

7 - Install Cakewalk itself on the Apps tab. The other options don't seem to show up until you have done this.

8 - Possibly run Cakewalk (I'm not sure about this step, but after installing Cakewalk, this was still the only option available).

9 - Restart Bandlab Assistant. After restarting Bandlab Assistant, the Open button for Cakewalk (on the Apps tab) now has a drop-down option (little arrow). This might be all that is necessary and the previous step isn't required.

10 - Click that arrow and select Process Offline Activation Request.

11 - Load the file you exported from Z3ta+ 2.

12 - Select the folder to save the response file. This seemed a little finicky; you have to actually select a folder, you can't navigate to the target folder (at least not in my case, I just added a temp folder and selected that).

13 - Go back to Z3ta+ 2 and click on Options again.

14 - This time, select Import Activation Response.

15 - Select the file that was created in the folder you selected above.

Bam, it's activated and it was only a highly convoluted process!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Note that Sonar (prior Platinum) users can use serial based activation, for corresponding versions of plug-ins (Z3TA+2, DimPro). I don't think there
was improvements worse the trouble of "activation". I still remember I put "newer" version of Z3TA+2 on my installation stick, just to find out it
requires activation (and as usual in our live, at the moment of installation the Internet was down). I know, it has grace period. But I still prefer to have
a "basic" set of music software which I can install without Internet, fortunately Z3TA+2 and DimPro are in that list.

• Like 1