Alphatrack with CbB

(SOLVED)    OK... I've been digging into online info about alphatrack and CbB.....  seems like I'd be successful installing

the 1.3 driver using compatibility mode for Windows 7 (I have Win 10 Pro)....  and if needed I could drag the alphatrack.dll

into the Shared Surfaces folder....      I'll probably also include the optional SONAR alphatrack  plugin in the install....

It seems like the AZ Controller is  the most functional way to go but seems a little 'hairy' for me to wrap my head around....

Who here is using Alphatrack with CbB and how did you go about the install?

Rusty

Edited by newdreamstudio

I'm no longer using my AlphaTrack since I purchased other control surfaces, so I don't remember the detail or have thems handy. But until then I was using the AlphaTrack quite successfully  in CbB for quite a while, and AZ Controller is definitely the way to go. Maybe AZSlow will see this thread and provide some more  info for you.

On 4/22/2023 at 6:12 PM, newdreamstudio said:

It seems like the AZ Controller is  the most functional way to go but seems a little 'hairy' for me to wrap my head around....

There is ready to use AlphaTrack preset for AZ Controller (https://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,172.0.html), the installation has "complexity" of VST installation and preset selection. I mean special knowledge is not required.

But unlike with original plug-in, it is possible to change everything in the functionality. That requires understanding how AZ Controller works. Even in this case you don't have to do this. You can ask on my site for the tweak. For me making simple tweaks takes just several minutes.

Note that control surfaces are COM DLL's, so simply copying them to the Shared Surfaces directory isn't enough. They'll need to be registered:

1. Right click on the desktop, and select "New->Shortcut"
2. Type in cmd as the location, then click "Next" and then "Finish"
3. Right click on the new shortcut, then select "Run as Administrator"
4. In the command prompt, execute the following:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces\alphatrack.dll"

just an FYI to anyone doing this....

my Frontier 1.3 Windows installer for AlphaTrack  actually creates this dll :        AlphaTrack.dll

... not     alphatrack.dll

Once I sorted that out then the .dll registered fine

yay

Rusty

• Like 1