How to get plugin automation parameters name form unkonw name controller?

NaughtDZ

Question

Okay, maybe the title is a bit of an odd expression. But just look at the picture.

This is Steinberg The Grand3.

The line pointed by the arrow can be adjusted by dragging with the mouse.

image.png.638787331e67e99c1dd9e7dc0ad9b52a.png

Just like this.

image.png.3ec49438bcd8290e19a8c81a40521602.png

I want to write this drag change parameter into the automation.

But I can't find the name of this parameter (the adjustment of this position is not controlled by other knobs or drag bars that have been named)

image.png.5f89b58f4ce4c612c9fe239c5412c12e.png

There are close to 100+ parameters for this plugin, how can I find them easily?
I remember that in Reaper, the program automatically prompts you for the most recently used parameter button. Is there a way to know the names of such parameters in the control space that are not written out in the plugin in cakewalk?

3 answers to this question

What I normally do in this situation is enable write automation in the plugin window.  Then while playing or recording, move the parameter that you wish to automate.  If the parameter can be automated, then the automation nodes should then be created.  You can then edit the automation as desired.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

I'm not familiar with that particular VSTi, but if you hover over the line or any of the preset velocity curve buttons (to the right) and then right click, do you get any dialog or popup menu?

A lot of VSTi's will allow you to set CC #'s with the RMB.

Thank you but in this pulgin ,right clicking or hovering will not appear any dialog.The only thing I can do now is to try one by one to see the possible parameters.