[Solved - Sort Of] Input Monitoring Periodically Blinking Off

Keni

OK... This is a new one for me... Almost like a planned time-out from a demo device...

I've tried it now with both amplitube (4&5/vst2/3)  and TH3... They are both doing the same so I'm guessing it's some cake/win/drive setting that needs attention?

Can anyone be of help? <sheesh>... I was planning on recording this guitar solo to finish this song only to find that a normally simple task is suddenly troublesome...

Still breaking in this new DAW and discovering.... issues.

Thanks,,,

Edit:

Just discovered it's happening to any plugin when I enable Input Echo (monitoring)... Cake? This is a bit ugly way to start the day...

Edit 2:

Now discovered it's happening in this one song... If I use a track in an empty/new song file, Echo is stable...

I've tried increasing the latency etc, but it seems to make no difference. I've archived all other tracks to remove the load and it continues to happen... Weird!

Edit 3:

Ha! Now I've discovered it's something on that track! I created a new track on same song and echo works fine... So I'm good to go... Sorry for bothering anyone bu t it's still something strange... I disabled everything on that track and left echo on but it still blinked... New track? Problem gone! <whew>

Edit 4:

HA ha ha ha ha... Narrowed it down more. Blue Tube plugin un-noticed and active but not authorized. Came with Sonar Platinum so I'm in the process of discovery/re-install in Platinum using CCC and then try getting it working in Cake By Band...

Edit 5:

Done and all is well once again in the Nomad-ic world... I do still see 2 plugins in their hu ge list that are still in demo but I doubt I've ever even looked let alone used. I almost exclusively use their Blutube collection...

Edited by Keni
  • Like 1

i had something similar about a month or so ago on a plugin i was using on my bass track and could really only notice it once i exported as a 2-track and so i had to trace the crackling and drop out. eventually figuring out it was in demo mode after a recent move to W11... now i've been steadily checking plugins i haven't used in a while to see if they fully activated or not...

1 hour ago, Glenn Stanton said:

i had something similar about a month or so ago on a plugin i was using on my bass track and could really only notice it once i exported as a 2-track and so i had to trace the crackling and drop out. eventually figuring out it was in demo mode after a recent move to W11... now i've been steadily checking plugins i haven't used in a while to see if they fully activated or not...

The plague of progress... Keeping our old while moving into new...

PITA of the"new" ages. I don't know if I'll live long enough but there's gotta be a better way of dealing with this stuff than the current password/registration/authorization processes we strangle on...