Fast Bounce doesn't work in some cases

Rogério

This problem has existed for many years and so far has not been fixed.
I have projects that involve multiple VST, audio tracks, and mastering plugins. A lot of RAM e a lot of time to completely load the project.

In some projects, when I export audio with fast bounce, the result is imperfect (reverb errors, etc.).
In this case, I am obliged to export the audio with the "Render in Real-time" option activated.

image.png.3f55ac0e07c5731a14b7ce6e94ea4cfb.png
But, to use "Render in Real-time", the VST libraries have to be fully loaded, all Windows cache operation has to be completed, and I have to play the track a few times for everything to get into memory correctly.
Now, I think that fast bounce should be the most accurate option of all, that is, if a plugin or a VST is not fully loaded, fast bounce should wait until all this is resolved; a reverb should be completely calculated, right?
That is, I think that fast bounce would be something like bit-by-bit, there shouldn't be any errors.
But unfortunately, fast bounce rarely works perfectly.
Will I be forced to go through the "via crucis" above whenever I want to export audio from a large project?

Edited by Rogério

You can try changing your 64-bit on/off, and plugin load balancing on/off. And depending where the rendering mistakes are, you could pre-bounce some tracks to reduce the load so you could then use real-time render, or conversely, to eliminate rendering the misbehaving tracks  in fast render. Or do all the tracks misbehave?

On 4/13/2023 at 2:28 PM, Rogério said:

Will I be forced to go through the "via crucis" above whenever I want to export audio from a large project?

No, and Yes. Fast Bounce will work for a lot of FX & VSTs, but of course there are also many that don't properly handle it (most of that is not up to Cakewalk). I suggest learning which plugins give you problems, and then either bouncing tracks with those plugins in them separately, or trying a different plugin entirely, if you must have instant full-mix bounces working all the time.  -As with everything, there are times when you will have to wait longer for the good things, I guess, if that helps any!

I do also feel that saying "if a plugin or a VST is not fully loaded, fast bounce should wait until all this is resolved; a reverb should be completely calculated, right?" - in itself perhaps belies the idea of a "fast bounce". - Might that procedure take as long (or longer) for the DAW to complete than live playback? -I am not a programmer, so I don't know for sure, however again, I know some plugins facilitate all that, and some not so much.   I do agree that it can be frustrating to find out after all the work, especially waiting & then listening for errors on top of everything else.  I get that.

Edited by JnTuneTech