tracks fall behind and are slightly behind the click after recording tracks

art fleming

Question

Hello forum my name is Art , 

I am using Ez drummer to generate the feel and groove along with the click , they seem to jive well together they lock up upon tempo changes when I key them in , The problem I am having is as I do track work , guitars, bass ,vocals etc I notice I have to push my tracks back equally and get them in time with the ez drummer and click for some reason, all the tracks fall behind just a little bit,  once I pull a track in time I eyeball the space backwards and visually line them back up . I'm not understanding why I have to do this is there an explanation or remedy that anyone is aware of or some sort of calibration  ? Thank you in advance 

10 answers to this question

sorry 

On 3/28/2023 at 9:47 PM, Byron Dickens said:

Without any information about your system, everyone is left guessing.

What are your computer specs?

What audio interface are you using? What driver?

let me get some answers for ya , hp z420 , looking up the driver wasapi driver mode 

1. Check your clock settings, and ensure it's set to "Audio" and the playback/record timing masters are set to your Behringer:

image.png.aa050f5e87823fb2b21f2f703486ae8c.png

This shows my Focusrite, but yours should be set to your Behringer output/input:

image.png.21e97205e580556ee1a0b0c445c7e1af.png

2. If you're using WASAPI Shared, there is a fixed latency of 10ms which could explain your issues.  Try either using WASAPI Exclusive, or if the Behringer has a dedicated ASIO driver that isn't ASIO4ALL, install that and change your driver mode to ASIO.

12 hours ago, msmcleod said:

1. Check your clock settings, and ensure it's set to "Audio" and the playback/record timing masters are set to your Behringer:

image.png.aa050f5e87823fb2b21f2f703486ae8c.png

This shows my Focusrite, but yours should be set to your Behringer output/input:

image.png.21e97205e580556ee1a0b0c445c7e1af.png

2. If you're using WASAPI Shared, there is a fixed latency of 10ms which could explain your issues.  Try either using WASAPI Exclusive, or if the Behringer has a dedicated ASIO driver that isn't ASIO4ALL, install that and change your driver mode to ASIO.

Thank you so much , you hit it on the head , the fixed latency is about how far I have move the tracks , I am not as tech savy as I like to be, I am much better making music , thank you for being so kind !

11 hours ago, Byron Dickens said:

That still doesn't tell anyone anything.

What processor? RAM?

MS McLeod had the answer , I'm sorry I didn't have the exact specs handy nor a specific knowledge you wanted  , obviously none of that stuff you asked for mattered , it was a simple latency issue I was using a setting on the shared wasapi driver that had a 10 ms hesitation on the tracks as they played back , I did what he said and he graciously helped and fixed the issue , he must have known from my explanation because he took me straight to the fix  . No offense and no disrespect but some people don't know about the engine as much as they know how to drive , thanks for your responses sorry I annoyed you . 

On 4/4/2023 at 11:04 PM, John Vere said:

Actually your problem is probably not solved as audio will not be in sync in any driver mode other than ASIO. You might have gotten a little closer but it is probably still late.  

Thank you sir , I will look into this .