App crashes while loading the project

Peter Mangold

Question

Hi,

I'm currently moving my W7 setup to a new W10 machine, finally...

I've installed everything on the new machine and I use the same sound interface. So the whole environment is exactly the same, except now with W10.

Now the issue:

I try to load a project on the W10 machine which has no issues on the W7 machine. The app crashes at the final step 'Project preparation' in German it says 'Projektvorbereitung...'

Any ideas on how I should tackle this issue are highly welcome!

Best regards,

Peter

2 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Promidi said:

Can it be assumed that you installed (from actual  respective websites not just Windows updates) the latest Windows 10 drivers for all of your hardware (Not just your audio interface)

Also, can it also be assumed that, prior to installing CbB, you installed all Windows updates?

Are you able to open the project in Safe mode (Hold shift while opening project).  When you do this, you might have to bypass each plugin one by one to see if that's the culprit.

My PC is configured as per my signature and I cannot remember the last time CbB crashed.

Thank you! Save mode is the way.

The problem is solved! The bad plugin was BREVERB.

I saw that this was also reported in other threads. It is a good plugin but it tends to screw up Cakewalk quite often...

Best regards,

Peter

Can it be assumed that you installed (from actual  respective websites not just Windows updates) the latest Windows 10 drivers for all of your hardware (Not just your audio interface)

Also, can it also be assumed that, prior to installing CbB, you installed all Windows updates?

Are you able to open the project in Safe mode (Hold shift while opening project).  When you do this, you might have to bypass each plugin one by one to see if that's the culprit.

My PC is configured as per my signature and I cannot remember the last time CbB crashed.

• Thanks 1