Creating Ui........ HELP KNOWN PROBLEM?

whoisp

Hi guys, anyone know if this is a known problem to easy fix?  Please don't guess with telling me to reinstall or a audio driver issue or install NASA mainframe, unless you know what the issues is with all due respect i don't want to be wasting everyone's time with guessing. 

THE ISSUE:

When i am opening a new project it either hangs on Creating Ui........ which is the last stage of opening project or just disappears so i have to open project a second time.  HOWEVER, the second time i open the project, it always works without fail and then the system runs very well, maybe very rare dropout or crash which is not related to this problem but normally me running a million plugins and tracks/buses. 

I run windows 11 which runs better than win 10 on my system, faster anyway.  My system is a beast, its not the CPU or 32gb ram or my ADATA TB drives and fully up to date.

It could be something to do with a shortcut filing somewhere and finds it on the next load? The only difference since it started is a CW update, not sure if that caused it or maybe 1 of the 3 plugins i installed in that time or my Novation controller but i would suspect a bug somewhere. Its all happened within the last month or two and because mums been in hospital and ive not been using CW much I'm a bit unclear when it started because my head been stressed with mum hospital etc.   Before i start going looking into this myself  i was just wanted to know if anyone actually knew what it was so i am not wasting hrs myself or anyone's time 

kind regards 

P

Some more forensics/troubleshooting are in order. Also, this subforum is for computer hardware, which you correctly say you don't need advice on. You'll get way more attention and help if you post it in the general Cakewalk forum.

Questions: the new project you're opening, is the template one of the stock ones or one that you created? If it's one that you created, does it include any plug-ins? Does the issue happen when using one of the stock templates?

I ask not to fingerpoint a plug-in so much as I have seen this myself with plug-in conflicts. Usually the plug-in needs to be reinstalled or re-authorized, or further investigation done to see why Cakewalk is choking on it.

The fact that it loads just fine the second time around suggests that something or other just isn't initialized correctly at the time you make your first try.

• Like 1