Importing MP3 files not possible!

carlo

12 hours ago, John Vere said:

My first comment was in retrospect of how Carlo solved his issue. Possibly you are not using a good audio driver. The rest of us use ASIO or sometimes WASAPI if using a different computer that doesn't have a Audio interface.  But as David Baay said the driver shouldn't matter but it did seem to solve Carlo's problem. So you never know. Anyhow you most certainly can import any type of Audio files to Cakewalk and it will convert them to WAV at the sample rate of your project.

I just dragged 30 Videos that are my backing tracks I just finished into Cakewalk so I could use some audio analyzing tools to make sure they are all the same. I think the Movies use a MP4 audio file. There's no actual Video when you do this, just the audio tracks. 

616968463_Screenshot(1101).thumb.png.7b37a75f7feb7ecc8f01cf295e394a2b.png

Yes I think the problem (issue?) is in my system but...where? I use Asio drivers on  Cakewalk Roland Sonar v100 audio interface. For some day i won't use pc, see you in a few days, thank you

Whatever the issue is, it probably hasn't anything to do with the audio driver. The error message the OP shared shows there was a problem writing the wav file to disk, which would suggest a file system problem. Unfortunately, there are many reasons for an application failing to open a new file, and this generic dialog offers no clue as to which of those many reasons might be relevant.

I would start troubleshooting by creating a new blank project, raising the severity threshold for logging events and then try importing an mp3 or flac. The log may then reveal additional information such as a system error code indicating why the write failed.

• Like 1

Go to Preferences -> File -> Initialization File.

If ExceptionHandlingSeverity isn't already there, type it into the textbox labeled "Option:". If already there, click on it and put "7" into the Value field.

severity.png.e6b1f35cdf4d015015606748695e1f89.png

Acceptable values are 1, 3, 5 or 7, where 1 means "don't bother me with trivial stuff" (the default), 7 means "lay it on me, I want to know everything". You'll normally only use severity level 7 when troubleshooting.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 12:54 AM, bitflipper said:

Go to Preferences -> File -> Initialization File.

If ExceptionHandlingSeverity isn't already there, type it into the textbox labeled "Option:". If already there, click on it and put "7" into the Value field.

severity.png.e6b1f35cdf4d015015606748695e1f89.png

Acceptable values are 1, 3, 5 or 7, where 1 means "don't bother me with trivial stuff" (the default), 7 means "lay it on me, I want to know everything". You'll normally only use severity level 7 when troubleshooting.

Thank you for your time. I learned something, but I did  exactly what yousaid and it didn't work. I tried to import an mp3 file that I made with Cakewalk 5 minutes ago and get the same old message, with no explainations.

"impossible import wave file -The file's audio format is incompatible with the current project "

Message is in italian language, may be my translation is not very accurate.