Loopback Confusion

Hello everyone!

I am endeavoring to record myself playing an instrument, vocals and some backing tracks off my PC using loopback.

My DAW is the MOTU M2, a condenser mic, an electric banjo, and the PC with output set to the MOTU. The MOTU has as output 2 studio monitor speakers.

Most of it is going swimmingly well. I am setting up 3 audio tracks using AISO drivers

Track 1 guitar, Motu 1 with Sonitus Reverb FX, Record On, Input Echo On
Track 2 loopback 1, Record On
Track 3 mic, Motu 2 with Sonitus Reverb FX, Record On, Input Echo On

However when I record, I get the Guitar and Vocals coming in together with the PC sound on Track 2 Loopback. 
I'm guessing this is because I have "Echo" on and the sound is going back to the Motu, and then back to the Loopback? 
So is the only way to do this is turn on Echo on the 1, 3 tracks?  This is unfortunate because I like to listen to the FX while playing ;-)

Is there a better way to do this setup?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sam

Screenshot 2023-03-05 200722.png

^^ Be very careful about using loopbacks. Input echo on the loopback track can cause a positive (and sometimes destructive) feedback loop on you. Unless you set a monitor path separate from the loopback path internal to the interface, you are recording everything being played, so the above advice is a much better method. If you are recording to a backing track from the internet, it is easiest to loopback that first (so you have a pre-recorded track), then record your guitar and vocals as you would normally (with no loopback being used at all). Some interfaces allow for complex routings, but working in 2 steps is often easier and safer.