Digitech Mosaic 12 String Pedal

AndyB01

After being out of stock for what seemed like forever (I think Digitech were bought out by Cort so there's been some loss of production amongst all the corporate stuff), anyway these finally came back into stock so thought I'd give one a whirl.

I have to say that reviews are mixed at best and ideally I'd just buy a 12 string. However, as I don't have room for another guitar (and the wife doesn't have the tolerance) this is my only real option if I want a 12 string sound. I have to say I didn't have particularly high hopes.

First impressions are actually not that bad. On full chat for both tone and level, you do get the full experience, but you'll be reaching for both your EQ and Compression plugins as things can get quite muddy. Dial down the levels and you can still get some nice additional depth and shimmer.

Is it as good as a real 12 string? That's a definitive no but it's a very commendable effort. Is it better than anything you can hack together with an octaver, pitch shifter, chorus and Melodyne - I'd say almost certainly yes, based on my experience of trying all four.

In conclusion I'd say it gives a workable and usable 12 string sound, you might still have to play with it and build an FX chain around EQ, compression (and even a touch of reverb) to get really close to the sound you're after.

It's not cheap at over £100 and it's mains only, so no burning through batteries at least.

For now, I'd say it's a keeper and I'll see how good a sound I can get from it.

Andy

• 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

But how does it compare against the EHX POG?

Absolutely no idea, never heard of EHX POG or used it I'm afraid.

I doubt it's either as good or as versatile as the POG, which costs 3x as much. However that view is based on a quick Google and no more.

Andy

1 hour ago, AndyB01 said:

Absolutely no idea, never heard of EHX POG or used it I'm afraid.

I doubt it's either as good or as versatile as the POG, which costs 3x as much. However that view is based on a quick Google and no more.

Andy

There are also the Micro and Nano versions of the POG, which cost about the same as the mosaic.

• Like 1