Thank you and request of Chord Track :)

Misha

Noel and team,

First,  I want to thank you for your dedication & for the progress Cakewalk made  in the past few years.  Love Cakewalk!

Coming from world of arrangers to computer recording, I would really like to see a true Chord Track implemented. To be able to drop a melodic MIDI phrase to the track and so it follows the progression and tempo map of the project. I believe competitors such as Cubase and StudioOne had this for quite some time. 

It is "kind" of available now in Cake, but not quite it.  There are a couple of plugins that would allow for dynamic re-chording, but process is complex and unintuitive.  In my mind, if made, right,  this  would make a mega feature for Cakewalk users.

Thank you for considering.

• Great Idea 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am a huge fan of chord tracks in DAWs, however, I realized that scales are just as important as chords, if not more.  I your example, if a melodic phrase were snapped to a chord(s) the, the only notes allowed in the melody would be just those in the chord spelling.  IMO, Cubase has implemented this the most successfully.  You have the option to snap to chords, scales or a combination of the two.

• 4 weeks later...

While this isn't a very practical solution, you could emulate the behavior of a Chord Track using a MIDI Track and making use of the Chord Articulations that come with CbB. Then you'd just map that track as input to all the instruments you want affected.

EDIT - Upon checking the feature (sending MIDI from one track to several). It's not possible to do that natively within CbB. You'd have to install a virtual MIDI driver like loopMIDI

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino