dimension synth is missing

charles kasler

1 hour ago, audinf said:

Did you try the link you posted? 🙄

Yes.  I tried it when I found it.  I also tried it just now.  Here's what I just saw minutes ago:

Dimension Pro Registration Code Doesn't Work

Last updated on 3/18/2016

If you receive your a Dimension Pro Registration Code by email prior to November 10, 2005, you may have received an invalid code. Unfortunately the code you received may have been invalid due to a temporary technical error. The issue has since been resolved.

Resolution: There is no need to re-register Dimension Pro online. To correctly authorize your product simply click hear to receive a new, unique and valid Registration Code: Http://www.cakewalk.com/Register/lostREG.asp   

Please have your serial number available.

I am not sure why you didn't see this.  Maybe there's something wrong with your computer?  I don't know.

Here it is again: https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2005294/Dimension-Pro-Registration-Code-Doesnt-Work

Again, not sure why it doesn't work for you.

BTW, the software is from 2005.  Please note: Windows 10 didn't come out until ten years after:

Microsoft announced Windows 10 in September 2014 and the next month made a technical preview of the OS available to a select group of users called Windows Insiders. Microsoft released Windows 10 to the general public in July 2015.

Also, over the past 5-8 years, Windows 10 has had multiple changes (version updates), including a number that seriously impacted the success of older software.

Nevertheless, I recently had success installing the software synths (including Dimension Pro).  At first it failed to properly register.  Then I read the pop-up which suggested running as administrator.  That worked for me.  As I said before, I am sorry you were not successful.

I have had software become non-functional because of changes to Windows, so I was glad that the ancient soft synths still worked.  From what I have read, others have success, to, thought obviously you haven't.

I am not a lawyer, I don't know what goes on under the hood of Cakewalk, and I don't know the terms of what the current team can do to help you.

I vaguely recall (probably from Windows XP) that I had Dimension LE installed and possibly read a warning (possibly in a "readme" document), that Dimension Pro had problems if LE was still installed.  Apologies if I am misremembering this; it was a while ago that I used XP on a regular basis. If I am right, I would agree that there was an issue wrt LE and Pro.

If it will help, I can look to see if Dimension LE or Dimension Pro are still installed on my XPSP3 PC and if it works.

Again, yes, I tried the link that I posted when I posted it and again today.  Unfortunately, (in my experience) sometimes what works on one person's computer does not work on someone else's computer.

Edited by User 905133
clarification (software --> software synths (including Dimension Pro . . . ))

On 3/26/2023 at 1:40 PM, User 905133 said:

Again, yes, I tried the link that I posted when I posted it and again today.  Unfortunately, (in my experience) sometimes what works on one person's computer does not work on someone else's computer.

I was referring to this: "Resolution: There is no need to re-register Dimension Pro online. To correctly authorize your product simply click hear to receive a new, unique and valid Registration Code: Http://www.cakewalk.com/Register/lostREG.asp

But thanks for trying to help, anyway. 

9 hours ago, audinf said:

I was referring to this: "Resolution: There is no need to re-register Dimension Pro online. To correctly authorize your product simply click hear to receive a new, unique and valid Registration Code: Http://www.cakewalk.com/Register/lostREG.asp

Oh.  I get it now. That was the link inside the quote I posted. I thought you meant the link I posted which provided the context for the link which you gave.

Dimension Pro Registration Code Doesn't Work

If you receive your a Dimension Pro Registration Code by email prior to November 10, 2005, you may have received an invalid code. Unfortunately the code you received may have been invalid due to a temporary technical error. The issue has since been resolved.

Anyhow, still sorry you can't get Dimension Pro 1.5 working on your PC.      

Edited by User 905133
clarification made: "it" changed to "Dimension Pro 1.5"