dimension synth is missing

charles kasler

• 1 month later...

Hi Charles,

Just wondering did you resolve this issue?

I find in the last week that Dimension Pro  is now only available as an FX.

Mine is not showing up in the Instrument folder though.....only FX folder.

Only  showing up as a VST in plugin Manager

I have reinstalled it twice from command center....but no luck.

I am sure it was an Instrument  last week..........I recall using it as such............unless I'm going silly.....and that is possible too :)

Your post is from some time back....hoping you might have resolved it or someone might jump in with advice.

No I did not resolve it I just gave up. It shows up in folders in a different daw but still will not play. I thought it might have been a cakewalk update but I don't know. It's frustrating over the years when I get comfortable with my workflow and then things change and I often feel like I'm having to start over. That's technology!

Possibly you didn’t activate it. Even when installed from Command Center the first time you open it it will ask you to enter the serial number.  That pop up might have been hidden behind the window you had open. 
It has a stand alone version you can open and register that. You have to run it as Administrator as well. 

1 hour ago, charles kasler said:

No I did not resolve it I just gave up. It shows up in folders in a different daw but still will not play. I thought it might have been a cakewalk update but I don't know. It's frustrating over the years when I get comfortable with my workflow and then things change and I often feel like I'm having to start over. That's technology!

This is why I mostly use external modules.

• Like 1

Well,

I managed to get Dimension Pro back as a VSTi .....as follows:

1.Reinstall D-ProInstall_1.5.5.16.exe  (- 64 Bit vers)

2.Once Installed, right clicked on the application's desktop icon and go to Properties /Advanced and Tick 'Run as Administrator'

( Thanks John Vere of earlier post for that tip - Registration Code Fails otherwise)

3.Open the Stand Alone Application now on desktop ,fill in the registration Code request on the pop up window that emerges and press submit.

4. Hopefully next Pop up window will acknowledge successful registration.

(NB: At this stage I expected all now to be well, however , Dimension Pro still did not appear in the CbB Instrument folders or the  VSTis  of the Plug in Manager. The following steps to success were a  fluke discovery but it solved the issue ......for me at least)

5. With CbB closed, I went to c:Program Files/Cakewalk/VstPlugins/DimensionPro. 

6.I Cut  Dimension Pro folder and Pasted it temporarily to desktop.

7.Opened CbB where it advised upon opening that #1 plugin had been removed (Presumably the Dimension Pro FX plugin which I mentioned in earlier post)

8.I then closed CbB 

9.I copied from desktop and reinstated the Dimension Pro Folder back in Program Files/Cakewalk/VstPlugins folder

10.Reopened CbB and in my case, Dimension pro was back in the instruments folder and gone from FX.

(Was not sure why it was in FX ..............I have never used it as such).

Hope this might help someone else at some stage......worth a try anyway.

Cheers Frank

I am experiencing the registration problem with Dimension Pro too. I tried the solution of running the stand alone as administrator, and although I'm entering correctly the registration code that is the Command Center, I cannot manage to register the instrument. Every time I get the "invalid registration code" message.

Dimension Pro has experienced lots of similatr problems in the past, and it seems those problems were never properly corrected. I have a lot of codes sent to me by Cakewalk in the past because periodically I had this problem. 

They even had a page dedicated to the issue: Resolution: There is no need to re-register Dimension Pro online. To correctly authorize your product simply click hear to receive a new, unique and valid Registration Code: Http://www.cakewalk.com/Register/lostREG.asp   

But that page isn't working anymore (as expected). 😞

Edited by audinf

37 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

you need to run it as admin first time you register it

If you are answering my post, please note what I wrote: " I tried the solution of running the stand alone as administrator, and although I'm entering correctly the registration code that is the Command Center, I cannot manage to register the instrument. Every time I get the "invalid registration code" message."

So no, running as administrator doesn't solve my problem. Besides, that shouldn't happen in the first place. Unfortunately D-Pro is cursed with this problem since many years, and Cakewalk didn't manage to solve it. 

Edited by audinf

hmmm i ran into this issue and remember to install the registration number as admin, so i ran it as admin and it worked fine (two weeks ago). however one other caveat - make sure there is no extra space at the end, and in my case i found the number wrapped in the web UI and was missing the last 4 numbers. easy to fix. and in some apps (not dimension) if i copied the text from an email and there was a space at the end, and not paying attention, some products saw that as an extra character.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, audinf said:

So no, running as administrator doesn't solve my problem. Besides, that shouldn't happen in the first place. Unfortunately D-Pro is cursed with this problem since many years, and Cakewalk didn't manage to solve it. [emphasis added]

This is fallacious reasoning.  Anachronistic fallacy: Judging something historical using contemporary standards instead of using standards in effect at the time.

Windows has changed since these older instruments came out including the implementation of various new modes of protection that weren't in effect when the software was developed.

JMO: Instead of condemning Cakewalk by Bandlab, I praise it for allowing us to use ancient software. 

The current software could just refuse to add these older products. I was pleasantly surprised a couple of weeks ago that I was able install and run Z3ta+, Dimension Pro, and Rapture.

While I am sorry you haven't had the same success,  I think condemnation is wrong-headed.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo; added clarifying comments
  • Like 1

Dim Pro uses 2 authorization codes. A serial Number and a registration code. They have to match.

Because I have purchased different variations of Sonar over time I seem to have at least 6 executable Dim pro files in my back up folders for software. The latest is 1.5.

It is possible to have more than one set of registration numbers. But If you install from Command center and use the serial and registration shown and carefully copy paste and run as Administrator it will work every time. I have installed Dim pro and Rapture  on 5 of my computer I run Cakewalk on. It has never been an issue and running as Administrator has become second nature. 

I install them from my back up hard drive where I have a Command center's last Download folder stored. I have a Note pad document with all my Cakewalk serial numbers as well. That's all I need. I don't need to run Command center. My most treasured back up is X3e which at one point I thought might be the end of the line for Cakewalk when the servers died. But they didn't.

Important tip of the day:

I highly recommend people who own Sonar Platinum do what many of us did that dark December before Bandlab came to the rescue.  Don't trust that your software will be available through Command Center forever. Run command center and download everything. Copy the Download folder to a safe place a bunch of times. It is found in Program Data/Cakewalk/Command center. Then write down all those serial and registration numbers in a document and store those there too.  You can also get older products like  X3 from your Cakewalk user account. Download everything and copy those numbers. Access to that account could disappear overnight. 

This will resolve a zillion future issues like the one the OP is having. That and remembering to run as Admin. Go purchase a couple of cheap thumb drives. Store it on your wife's computer, store it on one drive, store it on every back up drive you have. Rebuilding a new computer? just grab the back up drive and go at it. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

17 hours ago, User 905133 said:

This is fallacious reasoning.  Anachronistic fallacy: Judging something historical using contemporary standards instead of using standards in effect at the time.

Windows has changed since these older instruments came out including the implementation of various new modes of protection that weren't in effect when the software was developed.

JMO: Instead of condemning Cakewalk by Bandlab, I praise it for allowing us to use ancient software. 

I am not condemning anyone in particular. But in what way is this a fallacy? I have Rapture, which is contemporary of D-Pro, and Rapture never had this problem. This is not a Windows related problem, it's a D-Pro problem. It's like D-Pro has some kind of time-bomb inside the code, that makes it coming up as unauthorized from time to time. As I said, it happened before to me, more than twice, actually. And the proof this is a D-Pro problem is that Cakewalk even had a page dedicated to solve THAT problem. 

16 hours ago, John Vere said:

But If you install from Command center and use the serial and registration shown and carefully copy paste and run as Administrator it will work every time.

Not, it doesn't work EVERY TIME. Instead of replying with your own experience, read what I wrote. I am an experienced user. I know very well how to authorize a software, I know what is a serial number, what is a registration code, that they have to match, that I have to be careful about spaces, bla, bla, bla. It's very simple: OVER HERE, NOTHING WORKS. 

BTW - I still have Command Center installed, and I am able to run it, and  reinstall from it. I even reinstalled D-Pro from it. 

Here is the error code I get. Yes, after running the stand-alone as administrator, and copying and pasting the proper registration code. As I said, this happened to me in the past, and the only way to solve it was by asking Cakewalk to issue a new registration code. From my experience, once the code stops being recognized, there's nothing else we can do. 

Thaks to all who tried to help. REally appreciated your responses, but unfortunately they didn't help with my issue. 😞

2023-03-23.png

Edited by audinf

I’ve had problems with all three synths, rapture, dimension and rap pro.  I’ve had cake staff walk me thru installation, change stuff behind the scenes and those synths still pop up with bad registrations.  It is hardly worth it (tho I love them).  No doubt I’ll open an old project one day and have to spend the time to get one of them working.

so no.  The solutions advocated don’t always work.  They should but don’t.  It is probably because I have a dozen different installs going of the sfz synths and not even cake knows which one works.  It took a week working with Joshua to get them working last time.  That ain’t right.  Bandlab can’t afford to provide such service for dead products.

Edited by Alan Tubbs
Clarity

Dimension Pro Registration Code Doesn't Work

If you receive your a Dimension Pro Registration Code by email prior to November 10, 2005, you may have received an invalid code. Unfortunately the code you received may have been invalid due to a temporary technical error. The issue has since been resolved.

Resolution: There is no need to re-register Dimension Pro online. To correctly authorize your product simply click hear to receive a new, unique and valid Registration Code: Http://www.cakewalk.com/Register/lostREG.asp  

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2005294/Dimension-Pro-Registration-Code-Doesnt-Work

Edited by User 905133
to simplify my reply

Did you try the link you posted? 🙄

"Page Not Found

It looks like the page you were looking for no longer exists, we couldn't find it or you are just extremely lost. That's OK it happens to us all the time. Here are some popular destinations to help you along your travels."...

Actually, I mentioned that solution, but I also mentioned the page is not working anymore. 

Edited by audinf