Vertigo Sound VSE-4 : impressive !!

Zo

Hi guyz , here's finally my review on this marvelous release .

I'm really finding this impressive guyz  ... boy you know this type of acquisition that makes you want to resell like half of your other plugins that try to do this .... lol 

I let you judge , personnally it took me few minutes to fall in love, waited two dayz ( for honey moon washing) , recorded a video , still loved it and then during editing was smiling like a kid , loving it even more ahahah 

Grab a coffee and take the time to encouter this solid professional tool that really brings something superb on the table  .

00:00:00 Intro / Plugin Tour

00:04:05 Q & A

00:07:27 Session Presentation

00:09:07 On Analog Drums

00:16:57 SAT vesus FM

00:21:15 All Pass Function

00:24:41 SAT on Sub Bass

00:29:50 A/B on Beat

00:34:10 Overdrive Section

00:37:17 ON FM synth type Percussion Sat and FM heavy harmonics

00:44:13 Global A/B

00:46:36 Conclusion

Thks for watching

Edited by Zo
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Vladimir Piskunov said:

Thanks Zo. Exciting stuff! My Trackcomp's review suggestion is still in place though :)

I need a licence ... demo is other two time ... kinda ashamed to ask the dev a third demo ....

• Haha 1

Not sure if I could share mine since it is iLok. I believe if you commit to posting a video, they will refresh your demo once more. 

This video on VSE-4 is super insightful! I am travelling now, and use headphones (Neumann NDH30). Now I am hearing and noticing more stuff that you point out in the videos.. Gotta rewatch a few oldies.

14 minutes ago, Zo said:

I need a licence ... demo is other two time ... kinda ashamed to ask the dev a third demo ....

• Thanks 1

Zo - Thanks for the great review and video. I always liked you videos. I wanted to get VSE-4 when it came out in 2021, but there were other plugins ahead of it. I wanted to get it on plugin alliance, but Vertigo moved future plugins to their site. I think I got the 2 and 3 for $29 to $39 each. I was shocked at the new price point! I love the saturation in the 4.

Edited by Max Arwood

7 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Zo - Thanks for the great review and video. I always liked you videos. I wanted to get VSE-4 when it came out in 2021, but there were other plugins ahead of it. I wanted to get it on plugin alliance, but Vertigo moved future plugins to their site. I think I got the 2 and 3 for $29 to $39 each. I was shocked at the new price point! I love the saturation in the 4.

Max , vertigo plugin (the ones i'm talking about) are dev by Vertigo not PA , Pa versions are cool but nowhere near in term of quality , still usable imho insome scenarios !!

This Vertigo VSE 4 is a never released EQ concept ,

They released the VSM 4 witch another thing like the VSM 3 and the VSE 2 witch is more a puletec style EQ mastering grad (sounds pristine and superb , i specially love the mids in this when ya want to push something in your face in a mix !!) 

This VSE 4 is like VSE 2 and VSM 4 having a child even if all the algos are new and aren't taking from one or another , a child "concept wise"  ...

IMho they got it spot one for several reason :

1) I didn't find a material it wasn't capable to handle  

2) The results are always pleasant even when pushed 

3) Each time i said to myself : can i do this , answer was : no problem 

4) The sound quality is superb , usally with sat , the sweet spot is super narrow and the need for wet / dry is almost indispensable  , here it react like analog , with a wide dynamic range !!

All those things indicate that your in presence of a tools well balanced and thinked .... well implemented (algo is nothing with a gui that let you move sonically ) and imho fairly priced ...

The 29 $ price trap is dangerous imho we tend to collect (and i plaid guilty) , without mastering tools and without knowing we reached some level of expense that are way bigger than going for 149 $ type of plugins here and there ...

Sometimes those 149 $ don't desreve their price , but in the Vertigo case , just a look in my session will give you a response  ....those are pro tools and it will avoid you guyz to spend in 10 x other plugins !!! do the math ...

For exemple the VSC 3 compressor , can handle any type of scenarios , more capable than a sll bus comp thks to its rms options , dual operation and extra controls ..and value ..... from busses , to vocals ect ... it can be you're only bus comp here  ....

I would say give me a vertigo VSC 3 , Arousor 3 for tracks and extra pucnh and a cl1b or La 2a / magic death eye type of comp  and i'm ok compression wise  ...

Content creator people around i have one question :

Do you have this behavior of having this disparities on what real views you make and what is displayed , (i saw people complaining about this in non aligned media , but for my channel , i can't see why (unless they use what i watch as a reference lol in that case i'm in big trouble lol ) )

image.png.ed1baa24b4948d02a52a2ff64f199db2.pngimage.png.b08776de2edcef0a7abff6cb8ee22425.png