Can Cakewalk automatically save a copy every time I save?

sean72

I don't meam autosave, I mean being able to save a copy whenever I manually save a project.

I don't want to be interrupted by autosaves but I would like it to save a backup every time I choose to save the main project. If possible. 

Yes, use this setting:

image.png.ce38cac12c1208d6dd63be4f5e2ac88a.png

Checking this check box causes Cakewalk to save successive versions of a project with the date the project was saved in the file name. The most recent version has no date in the name.

The number of versions to keep chooses how many versions to keep. When the maximum number of files is reached, the oldest file is deleted.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Yes, use this setting:

image.png.ce38cac12c1208d6dd63be4f5e2ac88a.png

Checking this check box causes Cakewalk to save successive versions of a project with the date the project was saved in the file name. The most recent version has no date in the name.

The number of versions to keep chooses how many versions to keep. When the maximum number of files is reached, the oldest file is deleted.

Thank you! As 57Gregy also asked, is there a way to set the save location of the backup versions? It would be safer to save across two drives in case of drive failure.