"You Have Not Selected Any MIDI Inputs/Outputs"

sjoens

In Windows 11 - Lately I've had to go into Preferences and RE-select my MIDI devices every other time I open CbB or Sonar.

Sometimes none are listed even tho my interface is on and seen by Windows.

Usually they are listed but unchecked - even when reopening a recently saved project.

Double check your OneDrive settings...  the enabled devices are stored in TTSSeq.ini, which is in %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\

IIRC,  %APPDATA% is one of the directories backed up by OneDrive by default.  It can get itself in a bit of a muddle sometimes though, forcing a re-sync to older versions.  If you've got more than one machine logged in using the same Microsoft account, this can also cause OneDrive to get confused as to which machine it's restoring to.

Personally, I just disable OneDrive... but you can also change the OneDrive settings to leave this directory alone if you wish.

Thanks. Not sure what settings to check for in OneDrive but the files are actually in APPDATA\Roaming\Cakewalk...

Also not sure what entry in TTSSEQ indicates whether selected or not....

Under [AliasInput/Output]
micro lite: Port 1=xx1
micro lite: Port 2=xx2
micro lite: Port 3=xx3
micro lite: Port 4=xx4
micro lite: Port 5=xx5
: Port 1=xx1
: Port 2=xx2
: Port 3=xx3
: Port 4=xx4

Under [MIDI Input/Output Devices]
0=: Port 1
1=: Port 2
2=: Port 3
3=: Port 4
4=: Port 5

CbB's looks as it should be, so maybe a USB issue?!

SPlat's was missing friendly names but a simple copy/paste of the other one fixed that.

We'll see how she goes.