New Christmas present. Valeton gp-200 fx processor. Attempting to use as my audio interface.

Fodiddle

Hi!
I'm attempting to use the valeton gp-200( https://www.valeton.net/GP-200.html ) as my audio interface into my win 10 PC.
I'm currently using the most recent cakewalk software. The inputs/outputs of the gp200 are selected in device playback options, along with the newest ASIO drivers selected but i'm still receiving "error unable to open audio record device. Device may not support the current project's audio format, or may be in use."

I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Are there any other ASIO drivers installed on your system? If so uninstall them. Is this device your default Windows audio device as well? If it is you will have to make sure that windows settings and your project settings are the same, Or, don't use this audio device as the windows default audio device.

• Like 1

Hey thank you! I'm now getting signal thru cakewalk using the new valeton(strumming the guitar works fine now) but my previous projects are still coming up with the same error. I assume it's a simple setting of input/outputs using the valeton as the audio interface? But going thru each output with no luck still. Hrmm..

If the device works on new projects and does not work on old projects, make sure the old projects were created at a sample rate the device supports.

Most audio interface support several sample rates but the GP-200 only support one sample rate - 44.1kHz. 

If the old projects were made at a different sample rate, they will either need to use different hardware or the project sample rate will need to change for the GP-200.

If there is no audio in the old projects, changing the sample rate is as simple as changing the Default Settings for New Projects in Preferences > Audio > Driver Settings.

If there is audio in the projects, see http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=AudioPerformance.05.html#1117623

• Like 1