8dio Flash Sale - Now 7 Instant Guitars Just $15 Each ( 3 more added )

aidan o driscoll

5 hours ago, Niky Serrano said:

I know that is out of topic, but I have to say it... I love Ireland!

@Niky Serrano Not off topic at all, Ill bring it home to Cakewalk below :D .. all welcome .. Most who come to Ireland come to DUBLIN first ( mid east coast ) .. gotta get people out of that habit :D .. Cork, 2nd city is about half a million .. nice size, CHEAPER, own airport, uni city inc big music departments in all the colleges. City is Hugely MUSICAL as well as County Cork itself, esp West Cork/Clonakilty etc. Rory Gallagher, raised in Cork, buried here too. Supported him in 90s at open air concert. Also played with Noel Redding ( bass player Hendrix ) in 90s, he lived in Clonakilty. The 80s was special, saw a huge surge of original bands, lots of which still exist. Good scene here of people using DAWs and making music with same. Myself and other musos here have been using CAKEWALK since back then, back to DOS even.     

With the above continued tradition both our Keyboard player who just cannot play guitar and myself who can have both a few of these 8DIO Instant Guitar things as we share projects over the cloud, so what he does on those I will "learn" on actual guitar and record into track. We try and use plugs that we both have and when we share we share the MIDI files with the plugins we both have in the tracks

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@Niky Serrano Not off topic at all, Ill bring it home to Cakewalk below :D .. all welcome .. Most who come to Ireland come to DUBLIN first ( mid east coast ) .. gotta get people out of that habit :D .. Cork, 2nd city is about half a million .. nice size, CHEAPER, own airport, uni city inc big music departments in all the colleges. City is Hugely MUSICAL as well as County Cork itself, esp West Cork/Clonakilty etc. Rory Gallagher, raised in Cork, buried here too. Supported him in 90s at open air concert. Also played with Noel Redding ( bass player Hendrix ) in 90s, he lived in Clonakilty. The 80s was special, saw a huge surge of original bands, lots of which still exist. Good scene here of people using DAWs and making music with same. Myself and other musos here have been using CAKEWALK since back then, back to DOS even.     

With the above continued tradition both our Keyboard player who just cannot play guitar and myseld who can have bout a few of these 8DIO Instant Guitar things as we share projects over the cloud. We try and use plugs that we both have and when we share we share the MIDI files with the plugins we both have in the tracks

Well, in my case, I was living and working in South Dublin 20 years ago.
I am from Spain, but Ireland is my second country.
I have had some bad experiences (but very few), and many good experiences (99%) :D

I have friends of mine there, and after the pandemic situation, I plan to visit Ireland and friends next year again.

I have traveled the island several times.
Cork is a very nice place (well, Ireland and its people in general)
I love going to pubs. There you can find live music very often... I love it
And in the streets it is very easy to find people singing or playing songs

And if someone reads this and has never been in Ireland...you have to!

Edited by Niky Serrano
  • Like 1