Having 2 Projects Open to Copy FX

musikman1

Hi all, the UI has changed quite a bit since I last tried doing this.......I've been trying to copy an audio fx plugin (including all its settings) from a track fx bin in one project, to a track fx bin in another project.  I used to be able to right click on that fx plug and just copy/paste to the 2nd project, even if both projects were not open at the same time.  When I didn't see the copy option in the right click menu, I figured if I could open both project maybe I could drag copy it over to the 2nd project. But when I opened both projects, one covers over the other, and I don't see any tabs, or a way to make one of them reduced size so that I can see the other one behind it to drag the fx over from one to the other. 

The old way of just copying and pasting the fx and all its settings was easy.  Any suggestions? I'm sure there must be an easy solution, but my searches haven't really turned up anything so far.  Thanks!

MM

I believe you can create and save Effects Chains and use them in any project again and again, no need for 2 projects to be open.

"Effects chains

Cakewalk lets you save and load audio effect plug-in chain presets called FX Chain. An FX Chain can be nested within FX Racks, renamed, moved between tracks, buses and clip FX Racks or saved to disk as FX Chain presets.

Figure 447. An FX Chain is a container that can include multiple audio plug-ins."

• Like 1

Didn't know that, thanks. Not sure how to do it, but I'm sure I can find something online. 

I would think there would be a way to just copy/paste an effect from one project to another though, something less complex, for when you just need to quickly copy one or two effects?