Way to transfer clips from different files?

Ælleden

Correction to my previous post:

To be honest, at the time I wanted to add the expression of optimism to the support for your misinterpretation, it was sincere, but now I am really annoyed that you accused me of trying to make you out to be a fool.  

I added the word "of" between "expression" and "optimism."

Edited by User 905133
Deleted references to foolishness

1 hour ago, Bradley Magee said:

you  can  still  copy (CTL-C) and paste (CTRL-V) between Cakewalk  files and yes you can have two CW projects  open at  the same time.   Just  have to toggle  between each with the  Windows menu at  the top.

I thought he meant "Windows" as in the "Windows logo" key on the keyboard, like the ALT+TAB version with the Windows key to switch beteen Cakewalk projects which is why I went onto a long explanation for not being able to have 2 instances of Cakewalk open at the same time.

User 905133, everytime I come on this forum to get some help or advice, there is always one dude that bashes me publicly or points out every mistake I did etc.
I'm tired of this, so yeah, when you willingly pointed out the fact I didn't mention your "if" when responding to you, while you already knew that you edited it AFTER I replied, I think it's fair to say that you don't have any purpose of calling me out in an extra comment just to make me look dumb. Why would you call me out on that otherwise "That's why I said IF" (no you didn't when I wrote my answer) what would be the purpose of this sentence if not making yourself look right and me wrong?

Anyways I don't want to argue with you. I disliked your edited comment cause you disliked mine, just like one of the dudes that bashed me on my first day here, disliking all my comments to make sure I'm stuck at 0 reputation.

Dislike all my comments if you wish, I don't deal with toxic people. If you are not toxic, then admit your sentence was looking like so.

Have a good rest of your day.

Ælleden

Sorry if you thought I was being toxic because of some disagreement you had with someone previously.  I will look that up and if that was me, I will apologize.  I will admit that if you honestly misunderstood my good intentions in my original reply based on your prior experience, that is unfortunate. 

OK. I just looked at your first post and the discussion that followed.  I remember my reaction and the reason I gave it a "Confused" emoji.  On the one hand it looked like you were asking an honest question seeking information about CbB as compared with other DAWs.  At the time I sensed your frustration but wasn't entirely clear on a number of things about what you wrote.  So I gave the "Confused" emoji as I have done with others in hopes that you would re-read your post and try to clarify it.  I remember not even knowing how to respond in a helpful way. Not 100% sure, but I seem to recall being one of the first to reply (by virtue of the emoji).  After that, others chimed in and addressed what seemed to be an "attitude."

At that point I decided to try to (1) acknowledge the "attitude" and (2) cast a positive tone by moving in the direction of seeking specific clarifications:

You will notice that I ended on a positive note with an attempt to smooth out the tone of the thread:

Just a thought, if you want to try to get suggestions for the unwanted splitting midi clips issue, its not too late to try a less combative approach.  I have seen users go from having "Well, if you are coming here to trade insults, we'll oblige you" mind set to helpfully offering serious suggestions.

That was a sincere expression of hope which I remember struggling with to try to get you to acknowledge your combativeness and at the same time to try to  help turn the tone of the thread around. As much as I'd like to take credit for all the positive, well-meaning comments and suggestions that followed, I can't. The people who chimed in to help probably didn't even read my post!!! 

However, my initial reply back then (a) acknowledged the hostility and (b) was intended to be helpful in a positive way.  My use of the "Confused" emoji was a sincere expression of confusion. And I remember being glad when others chimed in as I predicted by "helpfully offering serious suggestions."

As for the current thread, I still think you were wrong when said I was trying to make you look like a fool.  Now that I re-read the first thread, I can understand the basis for your attitude.

As I wrote above, our workflows are different and if the box I mentioned had been checked, unchecking it could have helped. That was and is the extent of my ability to help with this issue and I still defer to others for additional diagnostic and workflow suggestions.

Peace!

Edited by User 905133
to straightened out the embedded links

Simplest way: Open 1st project. Drag clips to desktop. Open 2nd project. Drag clips from desktop to a track or blank space below.

If many clips in one track: highlight all clips 1st, proceed as above.

When dragging, wait for the process bar in Transport module to finish before releasing mouse.