Input Echo on MIDI tracks - it's sticking ON

HOOK

11 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

Have you looked at this setting?  MIDI - Playback and recording- Turn off 'Always Echo Current Midi track'

Yes.  Thank you.  That is turned off.  But what I figured out last night is that this happens in the clips pane, but not in the mixer view.  I CAN shut it off in the mixer view.  But generally, with my work flow, I'm turning monitoring on and off in the clips pane, so it's a bit of a drag.

The 'A' in the icon indicates 'Always Echo Current MIDI Track' is enabled in Preferences. To my mind, it's expected behavior in that case that you can force Echo On but you can't turn it Off on the currently focused track. However, I'm seeing that you can turn it off in the Console view and that will persist until you move focus to another track and back.

I would say it's actually a bug that you can override Always Echo in the Console view and turn it off. I checked the 17.10 release of SONAR, and the behaivor was the same there.

I think this inconsistency has been brought up before, but I'd have to search.

Edited by David Baay

9 hours ago, HOOK said:

Yes.  Thank you.  That is turned off.  But what I figured out last night is that this happens in the clips pane, but not in the mixer view.  I CAN shut it off in the mixer view.  But generally, with my work flow, I'm turning monitoring on and off in the clips pane, so it's a bit of a drag.

I have also noticed that it can always turn off in the mixer view. I have always had the same issue