Bass VI for strong dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun

daveiv

Hello,

I need an electric bass VI that sounds like someone is trying to chop the strings with a pick.

The tone has to cut through loud mixes as if you're pounding an M1 Abrams with a sledgehammer.

Any recommendations; VST, SFZ, Kontakt, UVI, anything?

16 hours ago, daveiv said:

electric bass VI ... to cut through loud mixes

not sure about the target genre, but doubling the bass line with a bass VI is a classic old school approach to make it work on lo-fi systems. A Sansamp PSA-1 in parallel might work for something more modern and aggressive. i've tried the Nembrini vst but it sounds nothing like the original PSA-1 (which I have).

• Great Idea 1

19 hours ago, Kurre said:

I read, in TTS-1 post, that you have Xpand. I like its basses and usually use one of those when i need a bass.

Oh, right. Xpand has many useful bass presets. They sound good without many velocity layers and round-robins.

Actually I can sample my own bass notes, and they would sound as good as those workstation bass patches!

11 hours ago, jackson white said:

not sure about the target genre, but doubling the bass line with a bass VI is a classic old school approach to make it work on lo-fi systems. A Sansamp PSA-1 in parallel might work for something more modern and aggressive. i've tried the Nembrini vst but it sounds nothing like the original PSA-1 (which I have).

Aha, never thought about layering the bass. Why not? I can even try adding a synth to the mix.