Mobius looper plugin + ASIO (Focusrite) causes crackling/popping, but WASAPI works fine (Cakewalk)

Olle

I've been using my Focusrite Scarlett with Cakewalk for a long time, and I haven't had any issues with it. I've used Mobius by Circular Labs for a long time, also without any issues. 

When I try to use them together, the audio starts to pop like there's a problem with the audio buffer or something. Putting the buffer size all the way up to 1024 doesn't work either. The popping sound is even worse at some specific buffer sizes. For example, it's really bad at 192, but slightly better at 128 even though it's lower. 

When I use the WASAPI Exclusive setting, there are no issues with any of those buffer sizes while using the plugin. Other plugins and VST instruments work fine with the Focusrite. Does anybody know what's going on here? 

Thanks in advance!

11 hours ago, Byron Dickens said:

32 bit abandonware. Ditch it and move on.

This, unfortunately. The problem with continuing to rely on deprecated software technologies like 32-bit VST plug-ins is that yeah, maybe they'll work for a while, but eventually they won't. It's not up to you when that's going to happen, and when it does, it'll be hard to find help because tech savvy people will have phased it out years before. The last time I installed a 32-bit plug-in was two presidents ago.

Consider yourself lucky that it still works for you using WASAPI and start shopping for a replacement. Once you get the replacement, bounce any tracks you recorded with Mobius and kiss it goodbye.

The Overloud TH3 amp sim that comes with Cakewalk has a built-in looper. Never tried it, not sure what features it has, but it's guaranteed to work with Cakewalk.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

The Overloud TH3 amp sim that comes with Cakewalk has a built-in looper. Never tried it, not sure what features it has, but it's guaranteed to work with Cakewalk.

The TH3 looper is very basic compared to mobius. Mobius is feature rich, based on the EDP. I use melda productions msuperlooper.

• Like 1