Looking for a singer for a Christmas song (and more)

Steve Moss

Hi, is anyone interested in singing some songs for us?

In a nutshell we’re two guys who love writing songs but have limited music playing capacities and even more limited vocal capacities!! My friend Adam writes lyrics and I add the music.

We have some Christmas songs and maybe some country rock style songs too, plus one or two other genres!

We use a music software to record the backing tracks and are looking for someone with a decent voice to provide vocals for us.

Here’s one of the songs, (please forgive my less than dulcet vocals!) male or female for this song. Please shout if interested.

Edited by Steve Moss

10 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Garage Band or Band in a Box?

I'd like to hear one of the country tunes.

t

We use Notion to create the music, just looking at getting Pro Tools.

We do have some country rock style songs that we’re working on. Here’s a demo that’s probably the nearest at the moment, though probably doesn’t sound too country at the moment!. I can load a couple more samples shortly.

4 hours ago, Steve Moss said:

We use Notion

So, you're MIDI based; right? MAC or PC?

4 hours ago, Steve Moss said:

looking at getting Pro Tools

Why? If you are running a MAC and doing MIDI based music, get Logic (some will offer other choices).
Pro Tools is NOT a MIDI program (some will disagree, but they are WRONG!).
If I ran a MAC, Logic; pure and simple. (frankly, if/when SONAR quite working, I probably would have gone MAC. fortunately see below)

PC?
this IS the CakeWalk forum so DUH!
You pays your money, you takes your choice; oh WAIT! Cakewalk is FREE?

yup

t

Edited by DeeringAmps

3 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

So, you're MIDI based; right? MAC or PC?

Why? If you are running a MAC and doing MIDI based music, get Logic (some will offer other choices).
Pro Tools is NOT a MIDI program (some will disagree, but they are WRONG!).
If I ran a MAC, Logic; pure and simple. (frankly, if/when SONAR quite working, I probably would have gone MAC. fortunately see below)

PC?
this IS the CakeWalk forum so DUH!
You pays your money, you takes your choice; oh WAIT! Cakewalk is FREE?

yup

t

what tom said!!!

The music sounds very general midi - if you have the individual midi tracks they could be easily routed to synths in Cakewalk, which would sound much much better. and be a good start. I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Notion, so am not sure how this works.

I think you need to get the music sorted before you tackle the vocals

Hope all goes well

Nigel

• Like 1

Thanks for the great feedback.

Yes it’s all done using music software (Notion) as sadly my guitar playing abilities aren’t of a standard good enough to record!

But my friend and I do love writing songs and this is the best way we have found to do it so far as we’re not competent enough singers/musicians.

So we thought let’s try it this way anyway and see where it takes us!

in particular for a Christmas songs as we figured anything goes for Christmas songs!