Sounddrops release Fullerton Fender Twin Amp

tom

@tom  how well is the Kent working for you? Are you able to track in realtime with it or do you use it in a  "reamp" mode? 

None of the Vox clones I've tried have the sound I'm looking for. The Kent recently popped up on my radar but have yet to try a Nebula. The couple of Aquas I've tried, while sounding great, score very low on dynamic responsiveness (playability). 

fwiw, SGear continues to be my goto for tone & playability and I am but one of many who would love to see his take on an AC30. Unfortunately there has never been any indication or commitment to development. The latest release implies a priority on pedals, so not expecting any surprises any time soon (or this decade given his track record).

3 hours ago, jackson white said:

@tom  how well is the Kent working for you? Are you able to track in realtime with it or do you use it in a  "reamp" mode? 

None of the Vox clones I've tried have the sound I'm looking for. The Kent recently popped up on my radar but have yet to try a Nebula. The couple of Aquas I've tried, while sounding great, score very low on dynamic responsiveness (playability). 

fwiw, SGear continues to be my goto for tone & playability and I am but one of many who would love to see his take on an AC30. Unfortunately there has never been any indication or commitment to development. The latest release implies a priority on pedals, so not expecting any surprises any time soon (or this decade given his track record).

I absolutely love the sound of Kent, I’ve tried all the amp sims and nothing compares, driving it by increasing the input gain just sounds wonderful. You’re right though, the full plug-in I can only use for re-amping. If I want to play live though the light version works very nice.

have to jump through a few hoops with the nebula player but worth reading instructions slowly and carefully. Def recommend!

• Thanks 1

I have Kent and Surrey but on my aging PC they are useless for playing live due to latency. They also seem a bit glitchy where some things work and some don't work as expected, and I'm not sure how to fix them apart from doing a total PC rebuild, having uninstalled Nebula and these libraries without it totally fixing the issues. Does anyone else find them a bit glitchy or is it just that I've somehow stuffed up my installation while demoing them?

They definitely sound amazing and I'd buy this new one for reamping just on the basis of having the best sound if I had the confidence there'd be no weird bugs. 

54 minutes ago, Craig N said:

I'm not sure how to fix them apart from doing a total PC rebuild

How well does it work with no other FX or tracks loaded?

No experience with Nebula here, but found clock speed seems to make a major difference with the Aquas I've tried, but still a bit glitchy when changing buffer sizes. Got usable results by overclocking the CPU from 3,3 GHz to ~5GHz.