Preference Screen Has no "Apply" Button!

Dan Brown

Question

This is weird.  When I watch YouTube videos and someone is using something in the "Preferences" area, they always go to the bottom of that page and click on "Apply" or something like that, maybe exit.  But my preference page does not have anything there.  I am wondering if I should delete my current version of Cakewalk, and reinstall it.  Or, maybe I need to upgrade to an advanced version?  Not sure.  This is really hurting my ability to use things like the metronome especially right now.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!  

3 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, Dan Brown said:

This is weird.  When I watch YouTube videos and someone is using something in the "Preferences" area, they always go to the bottom of that page and click on "Apply" or something like that, maybe exit.  But my preference page does not have anything there.  

What do you have at the bottom of the Preferences Dialog Box? Do you have the OK, Cancel, Apply, and Help buttons (as shown in another thread)?  

On 7/27/2022 at 4:28 AM, Lord Tim said:

Is this the page you're on in Cakewalk Preferences? There's definitely both an OK and Apply button at the bottom:

1843325767_Screenshot2022-07-27182708.jpg.92df7804ed7fb23b0aa734d9428efde0.jpg

If you have the right Preferences Box but the bottom part is cut off, you might have a screen size / scaling issue.  I seem to recall that was an issue with someone who also had a dialog box cut off at the bottom.