Up to 40% Off – Exclusively at Sweetwater! Select D16 Group Virtual Instruments & Plug-ins

cclarry

Sweet. I got Sigmund Delay as a PB freebie a few years back and it kinda just sat around (because I already had Objeq Delay and Sphere Delay and a bunch of UfA and Glitchmachines FX for weird stuff and many other delays for "add a little slapback on that" tasks). Then I was poking around in the plug-in broswer and said "WTH is "Sigmund?"

I put it on a track and started going through the presets...holy mother of Unfiltered Audio, that thing is off the heezy. It does the usual things that delays do, but I guess their preset designers were instructed to go nuts. I think the skeumorphic 70's test equipment UI had me fooled into thinking that retro sounds were its forte, but no, no, no, It has some kind of weird sidechain-y feedback-y architecture where you can move the order of things around. I dunno, whenever I rack it up I find a preset that provides nice tempo-sync'd nutty ear candy.

In other words, yes, it's worth the price of two Burger King meals if you're into bizarre delay sounds.