Total mess up with Revo uninstaller vs. Product managers

kitekrazy

I decided to remove many programs I never used.  I wasn't paying attention with Revo and found out all of my plugins were removed but weren't uninstalled.  That was good and bad since I wanted to remove stuff I don't use.   I was surprised somehow I gained back  30gb of space.

My Product managers said these were installed but no VST folder on my drive.

The 2 worst product managers for me are Toontrack and Native Access.  Well there is also Waves.

Native Access - it's a crapshoot if a product update makes it. When it fails I know they have their own untinstaller but I usually open up the old Windows Installer Clean Up utility.  You realize NI has an overkill of registry entries.   Their installers are quite slow.  Plus you don't have access to older installers in case something really goes bonkers unless you download one of the Komplete ISOs.   They have yet to ditch most of the 32 bit versions of their plugins. If you delete those it will ask you to reinstall and some of those plugins can't be updated unless you install both 32 and 64. 

Toontrack  - this is another one the enters a lot of registry code.   Unfortunately I haven't been able to undo the mistakes.   So far I can't reinstall EZ Drummer 2 becuase Windows Registry blocks it and does it in safe mode.  I went through the usual search for fixes and so far I haven't been able to fix this registry problem.  Odd that I could install the 32 bit but get this registry error for 64 bit.   Oh but I couldn't uninstall it. So I've removed Toontrack off my system.  I'm sure life can go on without it since I have BDF, Melda, XLN, Komplete, and UJAM.  That is only for this secondary computer.    There is no demo for EZD3 to see if I could install that.   EZ Keys rarely gets used either.  I might be done with Toontrack.   It's annoying trying to find the reg key and attempt the special permissions nonsense.  

I like the VSL manager since you can remove the product and install again.  Izotope does the same thing.  I can also go online for the individual installer. Melda's is really nice if you have everything.

Spitfire and Waves gets a thumbs down.  Off course the Steinberg eco system I loath.

You are a way bolder man than I am on this. 

I am in a loop of procrastination which works well for me until it doesn't.

I have experienced the same issues with NI being slow. The others are similar to poking a wasp nest with a stick hoping not to get stung.

If I took note of all my stuff and wiped everything for a fresh start I would probably think I had a new DAW.

You are giving me some confidence here.