How to Remove Sampler Track

Bigkap

Question

Hi, I have looked all over but can find an answer and getting frustrated.

It maybe simple, I hope.

Every time I open Cakewalk and it searches for VSTs, it freezes on Sampler Track.

I do have Cubase on the computer but have not used it yet as I want to stick with Cakewalk.

I have gone into Preferences and obviously the are Steinberg files in the VST scan path.

Previously I could see all the individual VSTs in preferences which I went through and disabled and tried one by one to see which file it was.

It didn't work.

But now I cant see them! Has that option been removed?

The enclosed image is what I see when I start Cakewalk.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Steve

Sampler Track.jpg

5 answers to this question

Obviously the first solution is to register the plug in as instructed. 

If you do not own a license for it,  then either purchase it or un-install it. 

If it is built in to Cubase then you might have to ask on the Steinberg user forum how to either register or remove. 

If it does not show on the list of installed Apps in Windows then you might be able to simply remove it  from the Steinberg VST plug in folders.  It might be in 3 locations if so. Program Files/ Steinberg / Vstplugins -  Program Files ( x86)/Steinberg/Vstplugins as well as the VST 3 version folder location which can vary from system to system but is Normally found in Program Files/Common Files/ Vst 3

Edited by John Vere

Thanks everyone and it gave me ideas. 

Regarding excluding the VST file in VST plug in's, yes I had done before that but, it still showed up.

I went through all the VST folders and could not see it.

I then went into the "Preferences "and "VST settings".

In the VST Scan Paths, there were a few "C:\\Program Files" Steinberg.

So I removed them all and it worked.

Just that they worked previously and that's what confused me.

So thank you all

Steve

This was not the correct way to solve the issue because many 3rd party plug ins are installed to those folders. You’re going to run into problems in the future when you install other VST’s. 
You trying to do this inside Cakewalk when the correct places to deal with it were described in my first post.