No Sound

Leifur

Question

I have a Cyberpower Gaming computer. I have a Presonus Audiobox USB 96 interface. I have no sound. It appears I have the interface selected in the playback timing master and I have headphones plugged into the usb 96, but nothing. Attaching a screenshot of the usb 96 selected in the "Output Timing Master" but no sound is coming through. Have tried adjusting knobs on the interface but nothing. Also, I don't know what "Timing Master" means. Most of the phrases like "Dithering" and "Bit Depth" are over my head.  Can anybody get me started in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

2022-04-22.png

3 answers to this question

According to the track inspector, the MIDI data in track 1 is going to the Presonus AudioBox. My guess is all the other tracks are setup the same way.

IOW, there is nothing interpreting the MIDI data into audio.

Try this...

• Disable all MIDI output devices in CbB preferences. This will cause the DAW to add an audio track, instantiate and set the MIDI tracks output and audio track input to TTS-1 plug-in when opening MIDI files. This will address the "no sound" problem.
  • Install the ASIO driver supplied by Presonus and changing CbB to ASIO driver mode for the best performance from the interface.

11 hours ago, Leifur said:

I don't know what "Timing Master" means. Most of the phrases like "Dithering" and "Bit Depth" are over my head.  Can anybody get me started in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Output timing master is the output, natch. Recording TM is also self-explanatory, the input. Being computers, they have to be synched together, or 'timed' the same to work properly.
For a beginner, those terms are irrelevant; just trust that in most cases, Cakewalk will set things up to work well, based on your hardware and processor's capabilities.
As you progress, you can dig in and learn more about the innards of CbB and your computer, and why dithering at a different rate may be worthwhile and how a higher sampling rate may benefit you work.