How to make automation slide?

Ronman

I searched in the user's manual pdf and found only one instance for 'slide'.

What's happening is that when I select a track or several tracks and slide them, with 'Events in Tracks' checked, it slides the Events as expected, but all the automation tracks are left alone, so now the automation doesn't match the events.

How do I slide automation along with notes?

By the way, what is "Events in Tracks" there?  Why else would I have chosen Slide?

This is the reason there is a "Ripple Edit Feature"  It should move all data as you move things around.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=Arranging.22.html

The other option is to do cut/paste special and see if that move automation.

If all else fails select all automation, from automation lane or in Automation view of the track, and drag the nodes all together. If you hold shift or cntl while dragging it will limit the nodes to vertical or horizontal movent so you don't up and down while moving horizontally.

• Great Idea 1

You also need to make sure your track automation is selected when moving your clip data.  This can be done either via the select module (in large mode), or the track view menu:
image.png.7cd8e906269a6fbf1a47e1a86833e752.png

image.png.7532ba393e5a40679c129326156738f0.png

If you also want bus automation to be moved along with your tracks, I find the easiest way is to create an arranger section that covers the area you want to move, then move that section making sure "Select Events with Sections" is enabled.

• Like 1

@msmcleod   "Select Track Envelopes With Clips" worked for volume automation, but not for dynamics automation.  I'll keep the idea of creating an arranger section for this, but I've found arranger sections hard to work with in the past because there's no function I know of to move the ends of the section precisely to the Now time.  (And also seems like a lot of work just to play with timing and spacings in the process of composition.)

@reginaldStjohn  Using Ripple Edit worked to slide both volume and dynamics automation.  The valuable doc page you linked to (tnx) gives scary warnings about unintended consequences, but I'm going to use it and see; too much of a time-saver not to try.