SOLVED -- Odd, transport immediately stops

Billy86

Nothing in the project but an instantiation of EZ Keys as a simple instrument track with a few bars of MIDI. EZ Keys is set to follow host. When I engage the transport, the readout goes from 1:01:000 to 1:01:040 or 1:01:080, then stops and returns to 1:01:000.  I can play the EZ Keys midi fine if I use the transport inside EZ Keys. 

Then, I inserted a .wav file for a "dummy" audio track, thinking maybe the DAW needed something to "read." Muted the audio track with the .wav file. Worked fine--EZ Keys played as expected in follow host mode. So, I could mute the dummy wav and transport works fine with EZ Keys  playing along in follow host mode. Hmm... so, then I deleted the dummy .wav file from its audio track, hit the transport play, and it works fine with just EZ Key's in follow host mode. Not sure why.

Anyone else ever seen this? 

Edited by Billy86

I believe that your first thought is correct. Cakewalk needs content to play or it will stop at the end of the project. in your case the start and stop would be the same place if no data is in a track. There is a setting to not stop playback at the end of the data.

Trackview->options->stop at project end

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2022 at 5:04 PM, reginaldStjohn said:

I believe that your first thought is correct. Cakewalk needs content to play or it will stop at the end of the project. in your case the start and stop would be the same place if no data is in a track. There is a setting to not stop playback at the end of the data.

Trackview->options->stop at project end

This did the trick. Thanks.