PA SPL Iron Flash Sale

cclarry

3 hours ago, tom said:

Haha true, thanks Zo. Weiss has always been on my radar, waiting for decent price before jumping

ve console one , get the channel strip (witch i did ) you ll have the eq and the drive section is actually the limiter while the comp is the comp , a superb mastering console ....

be sure to test also mdh4 from tc ...

3 hours ago, ZokZTM said:

Not problem what so ever. I have the hardware and you use +/- 2db  more as a colouring / drive tool... and a s always gain stage b4 and after if needed. There's a reason for this. SPL guys truly know what (electronics - pots switches) degrades the audio path! Also the 110v rail is awesome!

Are you able to do unbiased A/B while 5e B usually louder ? 

By the way curious to know how the plugin stacks against the hw , very few feedback on this ...

i had the hw on my radar for a mastering chain , then switched to neve mbp to finally stay itb and invest in uad system for conveniance ...

Edited by Zo

5 hours ago, Zo said:

Are you able to do unbiased A/B while 5e B usually louder ? 

By the way curious to know how the plugin stacks against the hw , very few feedback on this ...

i had the hw on my radar for a mastering chain , then switched to neve mbp to finally stay itb and invest in uad system for conveniance ...

Mostly A / B - ing should be done gain matched otherwise record to DAW and gain adjust on playback for comparison.

I was so impressed by the Iron plugin that I did test it at the time versus the hw Iron. I thought I might as well sell the hardware... So, in my setup and test I did, I only remember thinking that there was no way I would sell the hardware (Iron) ever! I use it on my master bus.

Proper HW vs plugin tests for Comps & Eq's (and saturators) are rather depending on one's  personal system and configurations. Does one use WIFI - ETHERNET, what buffers sizes, Sampling rate, bit depth, converters, cables, power supplies, grounding etc...

I also think that for me going out (from Daw to analog hardware) at least once is very beneficial... I do it (go out to analog) at mixing stage and then do mastering ITB @ 384kHz / 192kHz on a PC.

Edited by ZokZTM
  • Like 1